180 degree turned trackir position menu lost

pckormic

180 degree turned trackir position menu lost

Post by pckormic »

Hi, I�m testing the new trackir software 5 version in my operative system windows 7, using a trackir 4 device with a clip pro.

I am using the trackir device "head down", that�s it, turned 180�
because i am using it fixed in the "roof" of the canopy of a flight simulation cabin.
The problem is I can�t find the way to set in the new 5 software version the inverted position (180�)of the trackir device. However,in the 4 version software I can do it easily.

Thanks.
Barred

Re: 180 degree turned trackir position menu lost

Post by Barred »

Hi, If I understand you correctly you are looking to have your TIR camera behind you and to beable to have your head tracking as if the camera is in front of you.

Have the axis set to Yaw and just below the yaw button is the Invert button.

I hope that helps.

Good Luck.
pckormic

Post by pckormic »

NOt exactly.
My TIR camera is IN FRONT of me, but instead of being in his stand up position, is upside down, that�s it, twisted 180�, her legs fixed against the inside top cover of the canopy of my flight simulation cabin. (Imagine the tir camera fixed in the "ceiling" of my canopy instead that resting in the top of the Monitor, but looking at me).

In the 4 version software there is an option menu that let you configure the position of the TIR camera, to 90�, 180�, 270�, but i can�t find this option menu in the 5 version sofware, and changing the "mirror" and "inverted" advanced options in every axis of 5 version software i can�t fix the problem.

Thanks a lot.

By the way, I�m 46 years old too.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I believe it is just a matter of inverting the different axis, leaving the z axis at the standard setting.
Barred

Post by Barred »

I can see what you mean now.

Thanks Vincent for beating me to answering :)