n00b can't individually adjust z axis sensitivity

tikigod19

n00b can't individually adjust z axis sensitivity

Post by tikigod19 »

Hi all,

Sorry for the newbish question. I have recently got a trackIR5 and track clip pro and I'm loving it. Had to move my whole pc away from the window because of interference but thats another issue!

I find that I constantly have to lean my head back as the trackIR thinks I am zooming in constantly. I have looked in the software but can't see where to individually adjust the sensitivity/range of the z access (i think thats the right axis.. the forward and backwards one to zoom in) so that it requires a bigger head movement to zoom in?

Many thanks
VincentG

Re: n00b can't individually adjust z axis sensitivity

Post by VincentG »

In the TrackIR 5 software, under advanced settings, you can select the z-axis, in the drop down menu.
tikigod19

Post by tikigod19 »

hi thanks, i see that but I do not know what controls the sensitivity. Other than being able to drag markers on the grid, all i can adjust are the values in the boxes labelled X and Y... Is this what I should be adjusting? Should I be setting the figure higher or lower?

thanks again
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The higher up on the y axis of the graph, the faster the axis responds to movement.
tikigod19

Post by tikigod19 »

ok thanks I will have a play around. Is it possible to disable it all together or even better, to set a 'dead spot' at the start of the range so that I need to move even further forward before it registers a zoom in?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes, if you place the center of the graph, on the bottom of the y graph, it will not move, whern in the center thereby creating a dead zone.

You can also disable the z axis, in the profile settings.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/sup ... lemgmt.gif

uncheck the z box
tikigod19

Post by tikigod19 »

thanks very much for all of your help Vincent. Im going to try to use the graph to create a dead zone, if I can not manage that I'll disable the z axis.
Thanks again.