Incomplete software package?

jake01

Incomplete software package?

Post by jake01 »

Hello all, just received and setup my trackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro, downloaded latest non beta software, however I do not see a way to access some parts of the software I saw before in various videos for instance, Dyslexic's Video, in these videos the user was accessing a sofware feature i don't seem to have...it looks like a black screen with a cross grid and center point...looks handy for tweaking however I can't find this anywhere. The downloaded software appears very basic and user unfriendly compared to what i see on dyslexic's video.
jake01

Re: Incomplete software package?

Post by jake01 »

now running the version 5 beta software package, and everything is running smooth in arma2 except i'd like to tweak the settings to be a bit more sensitive.

Im also noticing that once in a while the software will cause my computer to freeze, oddly enough. My computer has seldom crashed or froze, so i found it odd i got two screen freezes on seperate occasions with version 4 and 5 trackir software. (Windows7-64 bit). At the time trackir software was the only thing running, so i can isolate it to that being the cause. Also sometimes randomly ill get 'trackir.exe has stopped working correctly' and the app shuts down upon hitting ok. All in all though great little device i'm sure once i iron out the stability issues i'll like it alot more. Seems it never crashes or freezes if i just leave it idle, but if i fiddle around with different options it usually eads to a greeze or crash. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Barred

Re: Incomplete software package?

Post by Barred »

Hi Jake give this a go.

Make a copy of your current profile.
Make sure that Exclusive is not ticked.
Click the green up arrow a couple on each Axis.

If it now starts to get a bit jittery try altering the Speed in the motion box small amounts. You can also adjust the smooting small amounts to taste, I would keep smoothing between 20 and 50.

If you feel bold you could always try making your own frm scratch:-

1 Make a copy of the basic profile type that you like (Default Smooth or Onene).
2 Make sure Axis is set to Yaw.
3 Using the Green Up arrow click a few times, centre your view and turn your head.
4 Repeat 3 untill you are moving your head at the requared speed.
5 Moving the 'Dots' in the horizontal axis that you can see in the graph will increase the ratio between the amount you move your head to that one in game.
6 Select Pitch in the Axis Box.
7 Repeat 3 and 4 until you can see fully up and down at the speed you want.
8 Select Roll in the Axis Box.
9 Repeat 3 and 4 until you can roll your head fully at the speed you require (you might have to use down for this one.)

You can do the same for the other 3 axis.

Once you have your degrees of movement sorted it is time to deal with the speed.
Up in Motion Control adjust the speed up and down so that the rate of turn is comfortable. (this is what causes the feeling of motion sickness.)
I leave smoothing to about 20-50.
Last edited by Barred on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Added more content.