Monitor for Trackir 5

net777

Monitor for Trackir 5

Post by net777 »

Hi! I am going to buy a new monitor instead of the 17" that I have now.

Thinking of 22" or maybe even 23-25".

I am concerned that with the wrong monitor, the colours or something else will look stange when I move my head.

Have someone a recommendation for a budget monitor? The price should be somewere like 2-300 dollars.
Barred

Re: Monitor for Trackir 5

Post by Barred »

I can't really advise on a monitor, but the size of a monitor does not affect the way TIR works. If the camera is a few inches above your head just point the camera down a bit and angle the reflectors (if you use them) up a bit so that their full movement is seen by the camera.

Good Luck on your monitor hunt.
net777

Post by net777 »

Well, I have ordered TrackIR 5 but haven't got it yet.

What is the reflectors, is that what you have on your head? Because you must have those I suppose. I have seen bundles but haven't really understood what you get extra.

What do you get in the package and what do the other things do?

But the way I am also a 46 old kid soon - I will be in august :-)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The standard TrackIR 5 package comes with the TrackIR camera (which mounts on the monitor) and a TrackClip. The TrackClip has reflective markers that the TrackIR camera tracks, and it clips onto the bill of a hat or a visor.

The TrackIR PRO Bundle comes with the TrackClip PRO upgrade. It replaces the TrackClip (though the package ships with both) with a clip that instead attaches to a headset. It has active LED lights instead of reflective material.

Functionally, the two clip types serve the same purpose. Some users choose one or the other based on whether they want to wear a hat or headset. The TrackClip PRO does have a tad more tracking distance(because of the high-power LEDs) and also has a bit more range on the "pitch" axis. Other than that, they're very similar.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Barred

Post by Barred »

My bad. Sorry about that, I am so used to using mine that I forgot to expand my answer.

Thanks for clearing that up before I could Seth.
net777

Post by net777 »

Thanks, now I understand.