beta 5.05 : one green light only

mgabb

beta 5.05 : one green light only

Post by mgabb »

hi,
I've just setup the 5.05 software: the test screen shows the device working, yet there is one green light only lit, and inside games TiR5 does not work (TiR5 with 4.1037 software works fine, as usual, two green lights on)

thanks
Neherson

Re: beta 5.05 : one green light only

Post by Neherson »

I second this.

Beta 5 recognizes the cam, and the 3D view in the software interface works fine, but it no longer detects neither FSX nor LFS, doesn't light up the right LED and sends no input to the games.

I must add that so far I'm rather disappointed by the quality of the software accompanying the cam.
Bl00D

Post by Bl00D »

I'm seeing the same problem.

Initially i had the non beta software installed ver4 something.

and it was working, i upgraded to the beta 5 ver and it stopped.

I tried multiple uninstalls, reboots, and registry cleans, even deleting oem25, 26 inf files.

I could never get it to work in game again.

Im now reinstalling my whole O/S and arma to try it fresh with version4.

will keep you updated.
Barred

Post by Barred »

[quote=Neherson]I second this.

Beta 5 recognizes the cam, and the 3D view in the software interface works fine, but it no longer detects neither FSX nor LFS, doesn't light up the right LED and sends no input to the games.

I must add that so far I'm rather disappointed by the quality of the software accompanying the cam. [/quote]

Try installing the latest version off the support page.
After you have uninstalled your software please delete you NaturalPoint folder before installing the latest version.
Bl00D

Post by Bl00D »

I did get it working.

I reinstalled windows XP 64Bit (Same O/S)

Reinstalled ArmaII

Installed Version 4.1 Build37 (Latest NON BETA Drivers)

Everything is working, I think something is wrong with BETA version5.

8 hours later I can enjoy the trackir.
Rusty_

Post by Rusty_ »

I got my Track IR ProClip package yesterday and went straight for the 5.05 beta because I saw a post about the difficulties in configuring the version 4. Well I run Vista 64 bit, TrackIR app installed but took forever in finishing up. The drivers failed installing when I plugged in the ProClip and IR cam the first time. I went straight for safemode in Vista and installed the drivers directly on the device there, the TrackIR software worked fine after that. I configured profiles and nodded my head around for a bit, looked great but nothing happened when I started the first game (LOMAC). I started EECH, nothing there either. I started Black Hawk, no, nothing there either. I tried to follow some crazy explanation about booting, uninstalling, booting, installing, booting, jiisez! I uninstalled just the TrackIR software and reinstalled version 4, everything worked fine in all my games, got a bunch of them. So recommend version 4 to all new customers until you have had a chat with the application development support at Microsoft, take a chat with the device people as well pliz.
Neherson

Post by Neherson »

I rolled back to 5.0 Beta 4, and everything works again.

Of course, first I had to do this idiotic multiple reboot procedure to get it working (why the hell is it made this way?) and the software screws up my ClearType settings again. Bleh...
jharrison43

Post by jharrison43 »

Yep same experience here had to roll back to Beta 5.04 for things to work.

Wonder who tested this beta 5.05 version it doesn't work with any of the listed games it seems.
Rusty_

Post by Rusty_ »

[quote=Neherson]I rolled back to 5.0 Beta 4, and everything works again.

Of course, first I had to do this idiotic multiple reboot procedure to get it working (why the hell is it made this way?) and the software screws up my ClearType settings again. Bleh... [/quote]
Where the h* can I find 5.04 :mad:
DavieCrock

Post by DavieCrock »

Yep... going to the 5.0 beta 4 worked for me too. I had the exact same thing happening with Arma II. I just happended to have saved the beta 4 prior to my TrackIR 5 arriving, so I pick it up off my external drive... Couldn't find it in the DL section of NP website. Below are my specs if it helps fix the problem. Also, the old version (TrackIR 4 software) also worked, but it jacked up my Sidewinder settings.

Win XP 32bit
EVGA GTS 250
Track IR 5 with PRO clip
MS Sidewinder 2 joystick
Q6600
Nvidia 680i SLI board
8 GB RAM