game not detected

mervynh

game not detected

Post by mervynh »

Hi,

I have just installed my TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro. My only interest in using it is with Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX). All the info available indicates that this system should work with FSX, but I have yet to see any evidence that this is the case. By this I mean that no lights appear on the RHS of the TrackIR device and no response within the game to head movements in any of the available views. I have what I take to be a green LED lit (it looks more yellow than green, but not orange) on the LHS of the device and the display within the TRackIR program responds to my movements in a realistic way so I assume that the device is working properly. I am forced to assume that there is some setting that I need to make to get TrackIR 5 to work with FSX, though I cannot find anything within the FSX menus that covers it. The implication from the manual is that FSX needs to be running and needs to 'register' with TrackIR. Should it not do this automatically?

Mervyn
Barred

Re: game not detected

Post by Barred »

It should do. Have you updated to the latest version of the sofware? I would also update your game files. Other than that TIR should work a charm in the vertual cockpit (the one whare you can look around with the mouse.)
mervynh

Post by mervynh »

I have the latest version of the TIR software version 5.0.300 - I only installed the device and software yesterday. FSX is with the most recent updates (Acceleration). I have Vista 64 bit with all MS updates, and run it with user account control disabled. FSX not working with TRackIR seems to be a common theme in these forums. I hope someone can point me in the right direction otherwise I have wasted �143.

Mervyn
jharrison43

Post by jharrison43 »

Make sure you have Beta 5.04 software because Beta 5.05 does not work
mervynh

Post by mervynh »

How do I get 5.04? The download page is only offering Beta 5.05 which I downloaded yesterday.

Mervyn
jharrison43

Post by jharrison43 »

hmmm it should be there?? it is in the topic TrackIR beta 4 available above just click on the link and download
IanHenry

Post by IanHenry »

Yes, I have the same problem.

Ian
mervynh

Post by mervynh »

Thanks, BigJim, I have now installed Beta 04 and it is working with FSX. However I think I will be on a learning curve for a time as I appear to have my axes upside down/back to front i.e. turning my head left makes me look out of the right hand window etc. No doubt there's something in the manual.

Mervyn
Barred

Post by Barred »

If you look under Axis there are 2 bokes Invert and mirror. Tick the mirror for all your reversed axis.
mervynh

Post by mervynh »

I spotted that in the end. Thanks for your help

Mervyn