TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

VincentG

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

Post by VincentG »

Can you try running as one large horizontal screen?
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Ok, set it to one large horizontal screen....resolution defaulted to 1600 x 600...had to change it to 2048 x 768 so I could see the whole screen (across the two monitors)....started okay and I was able to choose the flight...but when loading screen came up it jumped to 100% way too quick and froze.

Stiletto2
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

[quote=stiletto2]Ok, set it to one large horizontal screen....resolution defaulted to 1600 x 600...had to change it to 2048 x 768 so I could see the whole screen (across the two monitors)....started okay and I was able to choose the flight...but when loading screen came up it jumped to 100% way too quick and froze.

Stiletto2 [/quote]

Turns out I forgot to set the in-game setting to 2048 x 768 x 32. Then it worked fine and TrackIR performed well. I assume this provides some type of data point for you since it does show TrackIR working in full screen mode with two screens on my system. However, it does not solve my problem. I need to run FSX in full screen mode on the larger screen and just drag the GPS and VoxATC over to the blank secondary screen. This can only be accomplished in dualview and does work if Track IR is not running.

What next??

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried using the TrackIR 4 software?
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

I am new to TrackIR so never used Version 4.....however, downloaded the "current" version 4 and tried it. Everything worked perfectly. It looks like Version 5 has another problem that needs fixing. I don't like the V4 interface and can't find the motion control sliders...how do I adjust motion control in V4 which is what I assume I will have to use until this issue is fixed in v5.

Any help on that would be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your interaction so far.

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

To adjust the speed settings, you actually need to adjust each specific profile, there is no sliders within the TrackIR 4 software.
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Ok, thanks.

Stiletto2
Pollard

Post by Pollard »

Hi,

Issue 1: TrackIR 4 camera LEDS (the 4 small IR LEDS) do not always turn on when TrackIR 5.0b s/w is started. The s/w sometimes has to be closed and reopened several times before the LEDS activate.

When the camera fails to operate:
the green LED does not light,
there is no motion detection,
the camera view does not show the 3 green dots,
the Pause function does cause the red LED light correctly.

At one time I had both TrackIR 4 s/w and TrackIR 5 s/w installed. If TrackIR 5 failed to activate the camera, I found that closing TrackIR 5, starting TrackIR 4 (camera activates), closing TrackIR 4 (camera shuts down), re-starting TrackIR 5 (camera activates) was a dependable method of activating the camera.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both TrackIR 4 & 5 s/w.
I have tried the camera plugged into several different USB ports.
Neither seems to change the symptoms.

The TrackIR 4 s/w is 100% reliable in activating the camera.

Issue 2: TrackIR 5 process (as monitored by Task Manager) does not always terminate when TrackIR 5 is closed.

My system:
Win XP sp 3.
Intel Q6600
EVGA 680i mobo
TrackIR 4 Pro with hat clip

P.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have the latest motherboard bios/chipset drivers installed?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
Fabignojj83

Post by Fabignojj83 »

Hi, I recently purchased TRACKIR5 but the 5.0 FinalB software not working properly, does not recognize the camera. The software generates several errors (NTDLL - hungapp) and then closes automatically. The 4.1 software version, work perfectly.

I have installed latest motherboard driver\bios, latest graphic card driver, latest sound card driver.

My configuration is:

Motherboard ASUS P5KR
Processor Intel E6850 C2 DUO
RAM Memory Corsair XMS2 DHX CM2X2048-6400C4DHX x2
Graphic Card ASUS Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra
Sound Card Crative X-FI Extreme Gamer
TrackIR 5 (vector clip)