TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

stiletto2

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

Post by stiletto2 »

I have discovered a set of problems when I extend the desktop to a second screen using Windows XP and TrackIR 5 and run in full screen mode. I use the second screen in FSX to drag over the GPS and VoxATC so they can stay displayed while using the main screen for the flight view.

The first sign of a problem is when the FSX scenery loading screen comes up.....it shows up on the 2nd monitor instead of the first monitor. This only happens if TrackIR 5 is running. When the scenery is done loading the loading screen (now at 100%) switches back to 1st monitor and the flight is ready to go...however...if I try to escape out or change to another plan or anything other than just fly...the system freezes. This only happens if TrackIR 5 is running.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=stiletto2]I have discovered a set of problems when I extend the desktop to a second screen using Windows XP and TrackIR 5 and run in full screen mode. I use the second screen in FSX to drag over the GPS and VoxATC so they can stay displayed while using the main screen for the flight view.

The first sign of a problem is when the FSX scenery loading screen comes up.....it shows up on the 2nd monitor instead of the first monitor. This only happens if TrackIR 5 is running. When the scenery is done loading the loading screen (now at 100%) switches back to 1st monitor and the flight is ready to go...however...if I try to escape out or change to another plan or anything other than just fly...the system freezes. This only happens if TrackIR 5 is running.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Stiletto2[/quote]

Do you have the TrackIR 5 software runing full screen as well?

Is the video being output from 2 cards, or just one?
Scendore

Post by Scendore »

Thought I would reply back instead of editing my original post. Confirmed. The new TIR5 software has a problem with SLI. For the life of me I've been working with a combo of both the latest and older video card drivers and Nhancer to get SLI back up and running. I narrowed it down to the TIR software. I regressed it back to version 4 of the software and bingo SLI is working properly.

I can't tell you why but that's just the way it is.
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Do you have the TrackIR 5 software runing full screen as well?

Is the video being output from 2 cards, or just one?

Does not make difference if I start TrackIR 5 in full screen mode or minimized (I do notice that once FSX kicks in, TrackIR 5 minimizes anyway).

Video is output from 1 card (nVidia 7950 GT OC) with two ports.

This problem does not happen if I run FSX in Windows mode...only if I am in FSX Full Screen mode which is the mode I always use.

I can tell you that when FSX starts loading the scenery I see the secondary screen suddenly show the primary display picture (desktop folders etc) before the loading countdown shows up and that if I do try to shut down trackir the TrackIR shutdown screen shows up on the secondary monitor and then freezes.

The switch of primary display to secondary screen only happens when I use FSX full screen mode and TrackIR 5 is running.

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

So if the TrackIR software isn't running, and you are in full screen mode, with FSX, the issue doesn't occur?

What screen resolution are you using within FSX?
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]So if the TrackIR software isn't running, and you are in full screen mode, with FSX, the issue doesn't occur?

What screen resolution are you using within FSX? [/quote]

The problem does not occur if TrackIR is not running when I am in full screen mode in FSX. I use 1280 x 1024 x 32 in FSX.

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

and what is your desktop resoultion?
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Desktop resolution for primary monitor is normally 1024 x 768 x 32 though I have also tried it with Desktop resolution at 1280 x 1024 x 32 with the same result. The secondary monitor is also at 1024 x 768 x 32 but does not have an option for 1280 x 1024 x 32 since it is a little older monitor.

Stiletto2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are your displays setup as being configured differently within your Nvidia control panel, or as one large horizontal desktop?
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Dual View...which is configured independently.

Stiletto2