Camera orientation adjustment in V5.0x

Lo_Ping

Camera orientation adjustment in V5.0x

Post by Lo_Ping »

Hello,
I just ordered the Trackir5, and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival in two days. My question is concerning the new software's ability to change the Trackir orientation, as is possible in the older version 4x software. I have my current Trackir Camera (Trackir4) mounted on a linear actuator so I can flip a switch and have it move up against the ceiling when I'm not using it, thus I have to have the Trackir Camera mounted upside down. This is a simple setting in the Version 4x software, to change it to 180* flipped, but I'm unable to find this setting in the new version 5x software. Am I missing something, or is this planned in a future release?

Thank you.
Barred

Re: Camera orientation adjustment in V5.0x

Post by Barred »

Hi,
With the Advanced Settings open you should be able to find 2 green arrows. Just above those arrows you will find Mirror, Invert and Limit. They work the same as before, just rearanged.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

It's true that the Rotate Camera feature didn't make it into 5.0 software--we're hoping to get it into 5.1. If you want to use that feature specifically, you'll need to use Version 4.1.037, which also supports the TrackIR 5 hardware. But, as Barred noted, you can achieve the same result through the Invert Axis option in 5.0, as long as you're rotating 180 degrees and not 90/270. You should be fine if you check invert for X, Y, Yaw, and Pitch.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Lo_Ping

Post by Lo_Ping »

Thanks you guys. Much appreciated.
Lo_Ping

Post by Lo_Ping »

Well...I just got it hooked up, and made the suggested settings in the advanced menu. Its a no go. The view just completely freaks out unless I flip the trackclip over (e.g. same orientation as camera). Consider this a plea for a 180* flipped feature in a subsequent software release. On a brighter note, the Version 4x software works like a charm, and the device is wonderful. I can already feel a major difference in the tracking precision, and the view doesn't get lost when I look down, or all the way back like it did with the Trackir4. I have been using Naturalpoints devices since the Trackir3, and they just keep getting better. It will be interesting to see how much better it is with the version 5 software when its out of beta, and hopefully this feature is added. Keep it up!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hmmm... strange that it's not working for you to invert the axes. We'll look into that. But, Camera Rotation will be included in a future release (not 5.0 final though... likely 5.1), and I'm glad that you've found 4.x to your liking in the meantime.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Crunch_

Post by Crunch_ »

Glad to hear that the rotation feature will make it into a future update. As my stand for my TIR 4 camera broke, I have it mounted upside down on top of my monitor. So I can't use version 5 of the TIR software until this feature is implemented. Thanks.