no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Mike133

Re: no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Post by Mike133 »

There is no way to change AA in IL-2 because it is an old game that didn't originally have AA support (? maybe I'm not sure...OpenGL game)...anyway there is no visible AA settings in game...have to force AA in nHancer or Nvidia Control Panel and according to the posts in this thread TrackIR 5+ is interfering with the settings on 3D profiles
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

Whoops may have responded to an earlier post before..sorry

Nvdia GTS 240 - Driver: 260.99

Mod: ULTR@PACK 2.0

trIR ver: 5.1 beta 02

Win7 64bit
Salty56

Post by Salty56 »

I just received TrackIR 5 and experienced the same loss of antialiasing problem in IL2. I finally un-installed the version 5 software and tried the latest version 4 beta. Everything works well now and I have my graphics back. I don't understand though why this hasn't been fixed in 5.1 considering the problem has been known about since 2009. Anyway I'm glad this post was here for reference to help me with the problem. TrackIR blows me away as far as upping the immersion factor when flying. I've been flying simulations for some time and if I had known how this would improve my experience I would have gotten TrackIR a long time ago. Thanks for developing this great product.
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

I would like to know if there is any progress or even intention to have the IL-2 AA problem fixed in a future version of TrackIR 5+ software? Seeing as the problem has been known about and well documented for over a year at least now in this thread alone. It seems that if it hasn't been fixed already that it is a problem that is either beyond repair or a problem that Natural Point determines is not worth the time/effort to fix because it is an old game and affects probably a smaller fraction of TrackIR customers compared to the main FSX/ARMA/RoF crowd.

If any of the above is the case I think it would be good to let the users know so we can find permanent workarounds of our own rather than waiting for a patch that will never come.

For example, it is stated in this thread that TrackIR 4 software will fix the lack of AA in IL-2, but TrackIR 4 software seems to refuse to run on my Win7 64bit machine. So, rather than trying to force this old TrackIR 4 software to run on my Win7 I can patiently put IL-2 away for awhile until a fix is found (if a fix will ever come), but if Natural Point is going to say they can't or won't fix it, then I need to find a workaround of my own to get IL-2/TrackIR 4 software working.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What seems to be the issue, with the IR4 software and Windows 7 that you are having?

With regards to the IR 5 software - If you go into the TrackIR5 folder, and open the settings.xml file (with a text editor). Then scroll down to the NoGL section and change to the following.

Can you run AA now?
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

Still no AA with NoGl set to 1 with TrackIR 5.1 beta 2 over here

I'll have to re download the TIR4 software to let ya know exactly what problems I had in that regard..mostly had something to do with automatic crashes when I started recording or doing really any function in the GUI...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

With the IL2 settings -

Do you have openGL or DirectX enabled within the IL2 setup?

What video card option do you have enabled within the IL2 video settings tab?

What are your AA settings in the Nvidia software?
Decon

Post by Decon »

Vincent,
I am not on the attack here....

That said I notice you are skillfully avoiding the direct question/s: Can you fix this? Are you working on this? Can we get a straight up answer?

My Story,

I received my TrackIR 5 for Christmas. The first one was in the Jaded numbers and was returned. The second one is working fine.

I had been using TIR 3 for many years. Of course, I totally uninstalled the software then reinstalled TIR5 according to your specified directions. Oddly, all worked fine and the AA bug never hit me until this weekend when I installed new video drivers for my EVGA 8800GT SC. I have been "around the block" a few times and discovered the "create the profile" remedy.

I run IL-2 in OGL. My profile in the NVIDIA control panel is simple:

Antialiasing Mode: Override any Application setting

Antialiasing Setting: any setting seems to work with identical results in IL-2 meaning 2x or greater. No need to match the game. It appears to act as a switch: AA on, AA off.

Antialiasing Transparency: Multisampling

Note** for me if I make any changes to the TIR NVIDIA profile I have to reboot to see the affect.

Regards to all,
Decon
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are not trying to avoid the issue, but trying to reproduce it.

In the IL2 setup, what do you have the video settings selected set to?

Stencil buffer enabled?

Video tab, opengl set to maximum?
Decon

Post by Decon »

Understood...thanks for the answer.

Yes and yes on OGL set to max and Attempt Stencil buffer.

I'll be glad to help in any way I can!

Thanks Sir,
Decon