no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Mike133

Re: no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Post by Mike133 »

I have discovered a problem that may present itself as the IL-2 + TiR = no AA bug when in fact that is not the case...at least for me...

Some of you may not be aware (like I was not aware), that the nHancer creator/s are no longer releasing updates for their software, meaning that the newest display driver builds will/may not work and consequently cause 3D setting support to not work for some/all games (pretty sure it is just some games in my case). Last nhancer build was 2.5.9 (May 5th 2010); sure enough, when I rolled my drivers back to 197.45 which is an April 2010 release (rolled back from the most recent: 260.99) my IL-2 anti-aliasing was functioning properly again.

So if you use nHancer, have up-to-date drivers, and can't kill the jaggies, then do like the Wal-Mart smiley face...ROLL BACK!

On a side note...my nvidia control panel has been MIA for months now...not found upon right click on desktop...can't find it in WINDOWS or ProgFiles..refuses to open in Control Panel...which is why I couldn't just delete nhancer and try to force aa with control panel and up-to-date drivers..........if anyone has this problem maybe they can shed some light on it (since its somewhat related to the Il-2 no AA)
Salty56

Re: no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Post by Salty56 »

I wanted to respond back that I followed the advice to modify the seting.xml file to 1 in my TrackIR 5 software and it worked. I now have AA in IL2 46. Thanks for the tip Vincent.