Can't find any other posting on this problem

Programming is not closing down properly 9 times out of 10
Gets stuck on "closing down clients"

Any thoughts

Bruce1
VincentG

Re: TrackIR5 NOT closing down

Post by VincentG »

Connected directly to the PC, or using a hub?

What version of Windows?

desktop/laptop system?

Any other applications running in the background?
BruceE

Post by BruceE »

Vista
quad CPU Q9559 2.83 GHz 400Gb ram
Nothing else running as far as I can recall
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Connected directly to the PC, or using a hub?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
pj_3

Post by pj_3 »

Hi Vince; Bruce; I have to tell you I have the same issue, and after reading Bruce's post last night, I followed your hints and ensured that the USB poweroff function were all unchecked. I just spent an hour or so flying the A2A Spit 1 around Seattle tonight, (ASA, REX, GEX, UT_USA, THd2Go, FSX SP2, XP SP3,) and still had the problem again tonight. It just seems to hang at the "shutting down the camera" message.

pj
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something theat we have seen, and we are looking into it.
wckbones

Post by wckbones »

I'm having this problem as well.

Using Windows 7 64 RC, going to upgrade when its released next month.

If I reinstall the software, it shuts down fine for a few times after exiting FSX, then it won't after that. Have to task mang to shut it down.

I've also noticed that sometimes even tho it seems like it shut down ok, if I start it up again there will two instances of it running in task manager.
coder01024

Post by coder01024 »

I've seen this problem numerous times as well. I'm running Windows XP SP3 32bit and am connecting the HW directly to a USB port on the back of the computer.

It'll just hang on the "shutting down clients" step. I have to go into Task Mgr and kill the process (at times there are multiple instances of it and I kill them all).

If I then start the SW again, it won't talk to the HW.

So I end up having to kill any trackir processes, then unplug the HW from the USB, then wait a little and plug it back in, then start the SW and this usually gets it going again.
coder01024

Post by coder01024 »

Here's an example. I run the SW, it shows up in the tray icon, but the red lights don't light on the camera, neither does the green light indicating its tracking me.

I go through a sequence of exiting the SW, ensuring there are no trackir processes running, then unplugging the camera from the USB port, waiting, plugging it back in (verifying that I heard the removed and added sounds from windows), and still no joy.

I tried unplugging it and then running the SW, and when you do it says that no device is detected (of course).

Then I exit the SW, plug it back in, and run the SW again. This time the SW says, "Device: TrackIR 5 #NNNNNN" (where NNNNNN is a series of numbers). So it sees it, but it won't talk to it.

Just seems a bit flaky. It should be more robust in terms of startup/shutdown, unplug/plugin, etc. and it should just work. Its like its stuck in some state and I can't get it out.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Latest motherboard bios installed?

Latest chipset drivers?

Tried using an external USB hub?