I Need Help Setting A Profile

oldflyboy

I Need Help Setting A Profile

Post by oldflyboy »

My new TrackIR5 with Pro Clip works like a charm but I want to slow the movement around the center view (too much head movement make setting instruments difficult). The software shows lots of graphs and adjustments but I still don't clearly understand exactly how readjusting the graph points will modify directional view speeds.
I generally use TrackIR for twin engine flying in FSX and X-Plane.
Any help appreciated. Perhaps a TrackIR moderator could post a few samples and explain just what they do.
Seth Steiling

Re: I Need Help Setting A Profile

Post by Seth Steiling »

You could check out the profile exchange thread for a recommended flight profile:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post38620

My flight profile is pretty mellow throughout all movement. If you wanted it even slower around the center, you could take the second set of points (one away from the center) and change their "Y" value from 2.0 to 1.0. Do this for both the Yaw and Pitch axes on the graph, and you should have a very gentle profile, especially around the center view:

Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
oldflyboy

Post by oldflyboy »

Thank you Seth, this is very helpful. I just downloaded your flight profile and will try it out later today.
Thanks again
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

No problem. :) Enjoy your new TrackIR 5!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
infirebaptize

Post by infirebaptize »

Hi Seth,
I'm using your fps profile in arma2, i like it but i need to increase the deadzone for leaning, i tend to move a lot while gaming which puts my character in leaning position. How to do that?

Thanks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You just need to move the points on the graph (bottom thre) farther out on the head angle axis, or move the next set of points down to the bottom of the graph
infirebaptize

Post by infirebaptize »

Would that put a deadzone on everything?
you said the bottom three, i understand one to right, one to left on the head angle axis but what about the middle one!

Thanks,