Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising SUPPORT.

BigRed

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising SUPPORT.

Post by BigRed »

Hey Guys,

I was very happy to see TrackIR support in Operation Flashpoint DR. Great work Natural Point getting your product included.

The game is plagued with bugs and to be honest feels like a beta at times. So I thought I'd start a thread here and see how others are getting on with it using their TrackIR setups.

I'm still trying to pin point this but, If I play OFP DR using TrackIR the game suffers from horrid intermittent long pauses 10-30 secs as thou it's hung then will recover.

When this happens (which is every time with TrackIR running in the background) I alt+tab out and quit TrackIR (often I find at this point TrackIR has stopped responding). Once back in the game the pauses are gone.

The reason I say its not pin pointed is Everest seemed to be causing the same issue (again none confirmed).

No doubt this'll be more a OFP DR bug rather than a Natural Point software issue but if you guys need any further info/spec from me let me know.

Otherwise, I'm loving the game and still loving my TrackIR.

*fingers crossed for COD6 support*

J.
VincentG

Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising SUPPORT.

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you using?

What video card?

Video card drivers?

Any other applications running in the background?
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

Vista 64 SP1

Asus ATi 5870

9.9 (I'm trying out the 9.11 Beta now, I've not played OFPDR with these drivers yet).

I've not tried this again yet, I'll give it a crack tonight. I've been killing all back ground apps as the game is very buggy. I'll play the elimination game tonight. See if it is TrackIR or not.

Thanks Vincent.

J.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Also make sure to run both applications as an admin (right click on the exe for each, and select run as admin.)
templargfx

Post by templargfx »

I have just downloaded TrackIR 5 Beta, but there is no profile for Operation Flashpoint, how do I get it to work?

I have also downloaded the game update file from the trackir website, but the game is still not listed

please help
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hmmm, the build from the public website is listing it in the titles list for me. Did you download this?

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... inal.b.exe
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
templargfx

Post by templargfx »

I did. I dont know why it doesnt show up. (tried your link anyway)

I have the STEAM version, does that matter?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Downloaded the latest software, and ran the update tool within the software, then restarted the TrackIR software?

Still not listed in the games list?
RAFGunner

Post by RAFGunner »

Win 7
SLI 8800GT's
Phenom 9950

TrackIR 5 + Track clip Pro

Running Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising with no issues.

Is there any reason why they allowed head tracking in vehicles and not in first person perspective? /derail end

The only reason I had stutter was due to my Anti virus doing a scan. Stopped my AV and it sorted it.

Do you get stutter when you have the trackIR disconnected?

I have used the default profile ;) with exclusive ticked.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=RAF_Gunner]Is there any reason why they allowed head tracking in vehicles and not in first person perspective? /derail end[/quote]I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it was a matter of dev resources. They didn't have much time for TrackIR integration, so I believe that infantry support is one of the components that got the axe. We're encouraging them to patch it in post-release.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack