Trackir 5 , win 7 driver issues

Sjokkel

Trackir 5 , win 7 driver issues

Post by Sjokkel »

I recently upgraded my freetrack setup to a nice a shiny trackir 5 with trackclip pro.
Tracking is better with what i came up with but my win 7 x64 became very unstable regarding other USB devices.

After installing the trackir 5 driver mouseclicks of my logitech g9 are sometimes not recognized although the device is clicking correctly. This is mainly in the win 7 shell. Sometimes a scrollable area on a webpage starts scrolling back up when i scroll down with the mouse.

After cleaning all the trackir software and drivers problems went away. Reinstalling gives me problems again.
Games like OFP dragon rising almost crash my system when trying to go out of the game after installing the latest Freetrack drivers.

The devices on the USB root hub are a logitech g9 mouse, the trackir, a g25 steering wheel and a saitek x52 pro controller.

Never had any problems with my freetrack setup or any of the other controllers.

Currently i'm back with my freetrack setup.
VincentG

Re: Trackir 5 , win 7 driver issues

Post by VincentG »

Are the devices plugged in next to each other?

Does this occur if the TrackIR software is not running?
Sjokkel

Post by Sjokkel »

The devices are connected to the same hub, directly on the PC.
I swapped my personal webcam and USB fed headset with the trackIR setup. I don't know if the Trackir 5 uses more power then my personal setup.

It seems to happen even when the devices are disconnected and just having the driver installed. Removing the driver and restarting fixes the problem.

I also noticed that after shutting down the Trackir 5 program a trackir5.exe remains running in memory. Restarting the program opens up a second trackir5.exe.

I reinstalled the program several times with the same results.
Sjokkel

Post by Sjokkel »

This afternoon i'll be picking up a powered USB hub and a new mouse for my other system. I'm going to see if there might be too much power requested from the USB devices and if the trackir is conflicting with the G9 mouse
Sjokkel

Post by Sjokkel »

Tried a different mouse, still the same.

I decided to remove everything i could find in about trackir from the registry, cleaned out all the leftover files.

Installed all the devices spread over my PC and a new powered USB hub. Reinstalled all the drivers and the issues seemed to be gone.

I noticed that trackir5.exe sometimes keeps running after the application GUI has been closed.

If i kill that process and restart the trackir app and close it again it will also close the trackir5 process. It is as if a first run always leaves an unclosed process behind. I will do some more testing later this evening
Sjokkel

Post by Sjokkel »

Ran multiple tests. Starting, exiting games with TIR5. Keeps working flawlessly.

Only issue that remains is that the trackir5.exe process remains open after i first start and close the application.
If i kill trackir5.exe and restart the trackir 5 application it creates a new trackir5.exe process. Shutting down the application removes this process without a hitch.
I tested this multiple times. The first process after a reboot has to be manually killed.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we are looking into
JoKeR

Post by JoKeR »

One more with same problem here: first trackir5.exe keeps running in background, even if the main "Trackir" app is closed. After killing the process and loading it again, it won't stay running when closed.
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Have to be a ditto here also - using TIR4 with TIR5 software under W7 64 Pro - half of the time the TIR process does not unload - I have to manually stop it with TaskManager. No problems on reloading however.

Vic
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us know that you're having this issue as well. We are still trying to track down exactly what is causing this. So far it's been tough for our devs to reproduce.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack