DIEmWin

atoll1

DIEmWin

Post by atoll1 »

Hmm...after purchasing and installing trackir 5 (version 5 Final B software), when I shut down the computer, I get a dialog box that pops up saying it's trying to end an application "DIEmWin". Of course the computer stays that way until I click on "end now". This happens intermittently, but is annoying when it does happen.

I'm running Win XP.
No other software was installed prior or after trackir 5 final b.
I did NOT get this problem with trackir 3 and Version 4.1.037 - Final B.
I uninstalled Version 4.1.037 - Final B, deleted the TrackIR folder, and restarted the computer before installing Verion 5 Final B.
Not very helpful information found when I did a google search for DIEmWin.

Any help appreciated.
Birch

Re: DIEmWin

Post by Birch »

This is usually related to a problem with the graphics driver. I believe its supposed to perform cleanup and restore desktop screen settings after a DirectX or OpenGL application (game, etc) has closed. Problems with it getting stuck running can sometimes be relieved by updating your video card drivers.

(It happened on one system here at NP and a driver update solved the problem for us)
atoll1

Re: DIEmWin

Post by atoll1 »

Thanks - I saw that on one site I was researching. However, like I mentioned before, this problem has never surfaced till right after Final B version was installed. I'm somewhat reluctant to update the video driver since before TrackIR 5 final B, I got the video drivers working with all my titles without issue. At the very least, I thought of reporting it so that info might be collected and used for your next version fixes/release.