Track Ir 5 Left green led blinks

Fede

Re: Track Ir 5 Left green led blinks

Post by Fede »

Hi,
I tried everything. Yes, both as admin. Actually I run every program as admin. I tried with software maximized and minimized, no difference. I tried both the proclip and the hat clip, with the device mounted respectively on the left side and the center. I checked on the software page and the three dots appear in the center, no red ones. I'll now try to delete all the video drivers and a fresh reinstall.

Thanks
Fede

Post by Fede »

I forgot: is it normal that the process keeps running in the background after I close the program? Because it does here. If I start it, I can close it, the camera turns off, but not the process, listed in task manager. Just a thought
Fede

Post by Fede »

Nothing, reinstalled video drivers, but problem unsolved, same stuttering. Waiting for instructions

Thanks
DB93

Post by DB93 »

I just got my unit yesterday, and initially had these kind of problems. For me, it was too much light in the room, with my light filter slider set too high. I turned down the light filter slider and increased the light strength for the TCP, and so far I haven't had it blink off again, at least not yet. In any case, I hope you get your situation resolved.

I would also like to know if the process is supposed to keep running in the background too, as mine does the same thing. The application closes, the camera goes off, but the task is still listed in the task manager. Is this the way it is supposed to work, or is that task supposed to shut down when the program exits? Should I manually kill the process after I exit the program, or does it need to stay resident as some kind of a driver for the camera/trackclip pro for as long as they're plugged in to the usb port?

Thanks,
-George
Fede

Post by Fede »

Hi George,
thanks for the input, I'll play with the sliders and see the result.

About the process running, I noticed yesterday that it doesn't do it all the times; when it does, my camera infrared lights are still on, and the process is listed. If I open again TIR5.exe, I have two processes, so the only way to kill it is manually.

Cheers
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

RE: the failed process termination issue. It is not intended behavior, and is a known bug. Unfortunately, we've had some difficulty reproducing it consistently in-house. We have seen it here on occasion, but we've not yet been able to hone in on the cause. Still something we're researching. In the meantime, feel free to manually end the process if it's still running after you shut down the software.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
DB93

Post by DB93 »

Thanks for the info, Seth. I've been a bit hesitant to kill the process without hearing back, so now I know it's safe to do so.

Thanks again, and aside from that one little thing with the process not terminating, everything else seems to work perfectly, and I'm enjoying my TrackIR experience tremendously. It really does add an entirely new level of immersion, and after only a few flights with it, I can't imagine having to go back to flying without it.

-George
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Excellent. Glad to hear it!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Fede

Post by Fede »

Ok Seth, I'll kill it manually, no big deal.
But my stuttering remains. I lowered the light threshold, increased the brigthness to max, room lights are off, but there is no difference. It usually starts fine, then after about 15/30 minutes it begins bugging me. The situation seems worst in clear skies (with higher FPS) than with cloud covers and high autogen. Is there anything I can try?

Thanks

Edit: for completeness of information I run several addons, like ASA and Radar Contact, but I tried also without them running. I also have Rivatuner and Speedfan (to control CPU fan speed) running. Of course Antivirus and firewall are enabled.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you connected directly to the PC, or using a hub of any kind?

Do you have the TrackIR software minimized?

Does this occur with the 4.1.037 software?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.