Track Ir 5 Left green led blinks

Fede

Track Ir 5 Left green led blinks

Post by Fede »

Hi all,
I received a couple of days ago my TIR5 with track clip pro. I had a small issue with my glasses and the hat clip, so I went for the pro clip, and I solved the problem. I'm now experiencing some stutters though, not always, but when it happens I see the left green led blinks, like the clip is obscured by something..but there's nothing. It lasts for a couple of seconds, then it resumes normally. It's the stuttering that annoies me. In fact if the green led doesn't blink everything works fine, no stutters. So I have to close the application, 5.0 B6225, and relaunch it. It works then. But I can't do it with FSX running, or everything freezes, and I have to close it via the task manager.

I'm running on Win 7 64, 6Gb ram, Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 with latest drivers.

Cheers

P.S. Is it ok to run it as admin, isn't it?
Fede

Re: Track Ir 5 Left green led blinks

Post by Fede »

Hi. Don't know if it's related to TIR or not, but I had got rid of BSOD for months, and they're now back, two in two days. I ran the debug and the result was:

BugCheck 101, {61, 0, fffff880009e7180, 1}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_2_PROC
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: d
STACK_COMMAND: kb
SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module
IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_2_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_2_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

I'll omit the rest of info, if you want them just ask. Now, I'm not blaming anybody, these things are hard to find, but may it be caused by TIR software? That's the only thing I installed recently. I installed all the sysmbols from microsoft, but windbg still can't find any image or symbol for the error, that's also why I was thinking about TIR. If I add that windows gave me a warning when installing the TIR software...that's it. Am I off road?
Thanks a lot

Cheers
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

I have the same exact issue, received TIR just on Wednesday, made two great flights with it without an issue and now all of a sudden I get the same blinking left LED and stutters.
I did not install anything other than TIR onto this box since Wednesday.

i7 920, W7 64bit, FSX
Fede

Post by Fede »

Did you get any BSOD too? I had another one today...I read around there were issues with Saitek and TIR5, I haven't got any Saitek devices, but I have CH pedals and throttle and a Logitech Joy with wingman software.
I forgot to mention that TIR is connected directly to the MB, not via a HUB, and energy saving is disabled. Oh, and FSX is SP2.

Cheers
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

I only have CH Yoke and it connects to the USB right next to the TIR (mobo USB) and the Yoke works great. Since we both received TIR components at the same time, I'm beginning to believe that we have a batch of defective parts, but I could be wrong. We have to wait until the support teams gets back from the holidays, I'm pretty sure we can get this figured out. It's a shame as I wanted to fly a lot with it this weekend though, oh well...

Also I didn't specify my video card and it's NVidia GTX260.
Fede

Post by Fede »

Try the 4 version. It runs better on mine. Also I noticed that Radar contact was being slowed down, like ASA used to do with their global depiction. In their case it was a communication issue, simconnect or something, don't know here...with v4 it seems better, though some functions aren't available (like setting TIR commands on the joystick). I'll try a full flight later in the evening and report if anything has changed. You can give it a try in the meanwhile.

Cheers

P.S. I switched to the hat clip too, less things connected to the USB.
Fede

Post by Fede »

Ok, I tried again, uninstalled and reinstalled. With v5 I had the same issue of blinking light and heavy stuttering. The following flight I used v4, and had no problems, same area same settings (actually, I was flying lower with v4). I noticed that with v5, even if the frames are very high (30+, but I tried at 60 locked with minimal settings) the stutter is heavy, no matter what. With v4 I entered an area at 14 FPS, the movement wasn't very smooth of course, but it wasn't stuttering at all, just what I'd expect.

Hope to sort this out

Cheers
Fede

Post by Fede »

I guess I have to eat my word back about v4, sorry...it's stuttering the same as v5. It seems I was lucky, because my first flight today went fine, then after 10 minutes I had started another one and the stutters reappeared. I don't know what else to try.
Cheers
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you running both the TrackIR, and FSX, as an admin (right click on the exe for each, and run as admin)

Do you have the TrackIR software minimized, when running the other software?
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

It works fine for me all of the sudden. I'll try running it as admin in the future. Also the application is minimized, should it be?