Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

Raidhaennor

Re: Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

Post by Raidhaennor »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Unfortunately we are starting to run out of ideas, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue here.

What other USB devices do you have attached to the PC?

[/quote]

Oooh I think I might just be the biggest idiot in the world. You asked me that same question a few months back, and I tested unplugging my usb devices, all but one...my wifi dongle. Until today I simply never thought of it as one of my usb devices. And sure enough...

When it's plugged, it seems to mess with all other usb ports on my computer. I tested several times the reaction of the track ir software, and that is definitely what's causing the problem, without a doubt. And of course the reason the problem doesn't appear on WinXP, is because the drivers of that device are not the same.

I really feel like an idiot ; if I had followed your suggestions thoroughly, I would have found the cause of my problem months ago. I am really sorry about that, and I think I'm going to hide under a rock somewhere now.

Thank you very much for your help, and again my apologies for taking so much of your time.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues, I'm just glad that we seem to have tracked it down, on your system.
soldano

Post by soldano »

[Quote =] Scratty I discovered that when I play FSX in windowed mode and TIR lag happens, if you change the focus to another application (in the game on pause FSX lost should desabled approach) or an open folder in front of the game and active game set of folders in the background started to work perfectly all the moves and the IRR are perfect, no delays, when after making the game window active again, falls back, maybe `s mean something, hope it helps. [/ Quote]

As strange as it sounds, your solution works, I try it opening NHancer while running FSX in windowed mode, keeping it maximized and dragging it down until it disappears, so do not interfere with the view screen, and miraculously TIR5 softens his motion .-
If I minimize Enhancer instead, there is no improvement, it must be ran maximized for maximum improvement .-
I see no rational explanation for this, maybe someone can get one .-
Thanks TIR5 softens his motion .-
If I can minimize Enhancer however, there is no improvement, you should run for maximum improvement .-
I see no rational explanation for this, maybe someone can get one .-
Thanks
Scratty

Post by Scratty »

It`s not actually about NHancer only, trick is to switch focus from FSX game to other application, any, even open window works. When you minimize application, the topmost windowed application receives focus (FSX game window for example) that is the cause of your loss of that improvement again ))
Any way, application focus is some how connected with applications prioritisation.
But why manual changes in applications execution priorities is not help as match, as it happends with lost focus trick.
peejayh

Post by peejayh »

I have TrackIR4 but have downloaded TrackIR5 software. I am using the special gadget on my headset and am persevering with it, endeavouring to do a regular journey so that I can just concentrate on the TrackIR4. I am only employing f9 and f12, pause the trackir4 and the centralize and this seems to be more tolerable. When I go into the chase view and I turn my head to see the view to the left the Track IR puts me to view the opposite view. Is this right? How can I fiddle with it so that the TrackIR4 corresponds to my head movement please?
Alex64

Post by Alex64 »

Ok Guys your not going to beleave how easy this fix is ive tried everything for a fix from Bios settings on Cpu to possible conflicting software Gfx drivers etc like recomended in erlier post with no positive results, then finaly came down to Cleaning the micro dust off the clips 3 Silver reflective bit with some good old spit and a wipe of my tshirt and ......Insta Fix! ;)oh yah also Change the light filter treshold settings to suit the lightness of the enviroment your in i think
gstewartsax

Post by gstewartsax »

Hi,

I started having the same stuttering problems after buying an i5 3.2ghz,8gig,ATI Radeon 5570 1gig, with win 7 64 bit. It ran fine at first then started the annoying stuttering that got worse. I uninstalled REX and now it 's fine again.ASE works fine but for some reason REX must have been either conflicting with trackir or fs9,can't figure it out. Does anyone run trackir 5 or REX on a specific cpu?Maybe that would help, I noticed 2 of my cpu's were parked while running fs9 with the fs9 cpu at 100%.

take care,
Grant
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello Grant -

I'm wondering if you would experience this with TrackIR 4.1.038, available for download here:

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe

We recommend this for ATI HDxxxx users with windows XP due to possible conflicts with ATI OpenGL calls. I see you're using 7/64, and I'm wondering if it's a different manifestation of the same issue.
gstewartsax

Post by gstewartsax »

HI Mike,

I'll try installing 4.1.038 final and see what happens, I didn;t have any problems running it on xp 32 bit but I wasn;t using REX either.I won;t be back at my pc until the 21st so I'll let you know how it goes when I get back to it.

thanks,
Grant
Dante777

Post by Dante777 »

Hi,

I have the same problem - shutters and lags of the TrackIR camera after 1-2min in FSX Acceleration SP2,
under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. TrackIR 5 (serial #116211) with TrackClip Pro, also tried TrackClip, the same result.

My video is ATI4850 512mb, drivers 11.3 from 3/8/2011.
Intel Core E8600@ 3.34GHz, 4GB RAM

Tried both 5.1.3final and 4.1.038 trackir drivers.
TrackIR software is run under the same account (Administrator) and is minimized to system tray.
No unusual USB hardware plugged in, only mouse, keyboard and Logitech joystick.

I've never had such problem running TrackIR&FSX on the same hardware configuration under Windows XP SP3 32bit - everything works perfectly.

Please, help!