Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

davidv

Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

Post by davidv »

I sent this in by the email but wasn't aware there was a forum so I'm posting it here too.

I've been having problems with my Track IR for a few months now. Sometimes it will run smooth but other times the movement gets extremely choppy and laggy. The view still moves but it is slow to do so and will stutter on the way.

This isn't from other light sources as in that case the view jumps all over the place, and when using Track IR I shut the blinds for the room.

I've also tried different USB ports, it's the same no matter what, and it is plugged in directly to the computer USB ports itself and not through a hub.

I'm using it with Microsoft FSX Acceleration.

I saw a post on a flightsim forum that I wasn't alone in this issue, others have the exact same symptoms - stuttering and slow response rate sometimes, other times without changing anything it's smooth and fine. It doesn't appear to be related to the program's framerate either (I've ran it with unlocked framerates at around 60-100 fps and with it locked to 30fps with no difference in the issue).

The one common thing I noticed between the two other posters and myself is we are all using Windows 7, not sure if that makes a difference. The one user tried switching to software version 4 but had the same issues.
VincentG

Re: Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

Post by VincentG »

Are you using the TrackClip, or the TrackClip pro?

Is the camera mounted to the center of your monitor, or on the left side?
davidv

Post by davidv »

Regular track clip. Camera is on the center of my monitor.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Running any add-on applications?

No other applications runnning down by the clock, on the task bar?

Do you have the TrackIR software minimized?

Latest video card drivers installed?
InfantryNeverDie

Post by InfantryNeverDie »

I know the people working for Naturalpoint can probably help more but I am having the exact same issue running FSX Acceleration under windows XP SP3. My solution has been to go to Task Manager and find the process called TrackIR5 and set the priority (cpu priority) above normal or to high. I wish I could find a permanant fix but FSX is a TOUGH program to run in the first place and my entire gaming system is dedicated entirley to FSX along with several days of tweaking, monthly defragging, ect. Good luck and if anyone knows of any fix for this (hint natural point) please let us know. Thank you and Good luck, I hope this helps!
micdroy

Post by micdroy »

I have just installed Trackir 5 on my Win 7 PC and I am getting the same problem. I have acceleration, a few add-on planes, and Extreme landscapes installed. I can't tell you how dissapointed I am! I have been looking forward to using Trackir for some time, after reading all the rave reviews, but as it is, its unusable.
My frame rate is normaly a stable 30 FPS, and for the first time ever I had a fluid and smooth FSX! But now drops every second or so to well below 10FPS. The program actualy freezes, but the counter is not fast enough to pick up on that, and just shows a reduction in FPS for a moment.
I am glad that I am not alone, as this might mean that a fix is produced, soon I hope!!

Michael
InfantryNeverDie

Post by InfantryNeverDie »

My solution has been to go to Task Manager and find the process called TrackIR5 and set the priority (cpu priority) above normal or to high. That's the only thing I've found. As I mentioned mine is a constant stuttery slow response until I set the process to above or high and then it's normal and smooth. Any Fix Naturalpoint?
davidv

Post by davidv »

I run the Track IR Software minimized usually, latest drivers are installed. I don't think this is an FSX thing as much as something going in the Track IR software itself. I'm getting 70 fps + in FSX so I don't see it being a performance problem in the sim itself.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Does this occur if you install the 4.xx software?

Do you run the latest video card drivers?
Lange_666

Post by Lange_666 »

I posted +/- about the same problem in the TrackIR 4 forum. I'm running a TrackIR 4 on TIR5 software and have the same problem in FSX (SP2 but no Acceleration) and Windows 7 64-bit.
Sometimes i have immense stutter and sometimes it's smooth. When it happens, it's first noticable when you turn your head and the view doesn't follow.
Another issue i have is that upon entering any game, i have to reset the viewpoint everytime i enter although the view in the TrackIR software is centered. I always enter a game with the view maxed upwarts. Did't had this with XP (and i must admit, with TIR 4 software).
Gonna try to set the priority setting like InfantryNeverDie did and report back later. If this doesn't help, i'll revert back to TIR 4 software to see what that brings.