ATI Catalist 10.4 drivers not allowing trackir to run

THracing

Re: ATI Catalist 10.4 drivers not allowing trackir to run

Post by THracing »

I have tried compability mode with XP32 and it works great for me using 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 & 10.7 drivers. Best drivers for me are the 10.5's... I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park

Thanks Kirock7 :grin:
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Currently we do not have a timeline for this
wacko76

Post by wacko76 »

I have the same problem. Using the compatibility mode works sometimes (I cannot determine what cause it to work or not).

This is ridiculous. So either I have to revert to 10.3 ATI drivers (four versions outdated) or I have to use TrackIR 4.

Natural point: do something!
dutchpilot

Post by dutchpilot »

Is not having a timeline the same as doing nothing? You should be able to give us some idea what is going on!?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we have on our issues list, but continued development on the 5.x software, does not have a scheduled timeline set.
Harald

Post by Harald »

No problems anymore with the latest Ati Catalyst release 10.8 - at least on my system (Intel Q9550, HD 4870).

Cheers

Zebulon
Last edited by Harald on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: some system specs added
Harald

Post by Harald »

Well,

after testing the driver more intensly I've to admit, that the problem still persists.

First everything seemed to be allright - no problems when starting and stopping TIR5 for at least 20 times in a row and even after restarting the Computer for numerous times - until I started FSX and after closing the program, the failure showed up again.

So I'm back to Cat 10.3 again.
RSharpe

Post by RSharpe »

10.8 seemed to totally break TrackIR on me, and gave me some sort of load "998" error or something. I don't remember what the exact error is now sinc eI'm not at that computer.

At this point, I'm wondering if the best solution is to either:

1) dump TrackIR
2) dump ATI video cards
auricom

Post by auricom »

Kirok's Solution worked for me, and I was having this issue.

Win2k Compatability Mode resolved the issue on w7u x86

[quote=Kirock7]Guys, not sure if this has been posted elsewhere in the forum, but if you right-click the TrackIr desktop icon and go to Properties, then Compatibility and set the mode to Windows 2000 it just might work for ya.
Works for me.

Edit:
Forgot to mention I'm using WinXP Pro (32bit) and the 10.6 drivers with an HD5770. [/quote]
jamieandnici

Post by jamieandnici »

Had the same problem after upgrading my graphics card from a Radeon ATI x1900xtx to a Asus HD4670 recently. I have XP Pro (x86). Updated Ati Catalyst (drivers only) to 10.7 and noticed that Track IR 5.0 wasn't working for first time in 6 months. Came onto this website to find the problem (after trying to uninstall and reinstall/reboot). Still nothing worked. Upgraded to Ati 10.8. Still nothing. Came onto this site. Made TrackIR 5.0 compatible in Windows 98 mode, God knows why??!! and all worked on first go. Win 2000/ME compatibility mode would not work for me though. Closed down TrackIR and attempted to load up again and now Windows egg timer comes up but software fails to boot at all. I also noticed my CHPro Rudder pedals were not being detected either at the same time and these have only happened since upgrading my GFX card a few days ago. Must be a horrible Ati driver .dll somewhere in its install. I now have �250 worth of hardware that I cannot currently use at the moment and am slowly getting more and more P155ed off minute by minute!!