Promissed support for trackIR 3 forgotten

mopheta

Promissed support for trackIR 3 forgotten

Post by mopheta »

I am still waiting for TrackIR 3 support + vector expansion.

Version 5.0 - Final B
(posted August 10, 2009)
(.exe 6.7 MB)
� Supports TrackIR 5, TrackIR 4:PRO
� Note: TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added in version 5.1

Seem that somebody has forgotten what wrote in the past.

Of course the best solution is to have last TrackIR 5 hardware, but I wrote to Naturalpoint to change my trackIR 3 unit for another new one paying a reasonable difference, and the response was totally negative.
Seth Steiling

Re: Promissed support for trackIR 3 forgotten

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Mopheta,

We are still planning on releasing 5.1 at some point, but unfortunately, our developer resources are tied up on other projects on different product lines. Until we are able to release 5.1, you should still be able to have all of the support you're accustomed to in 4.x software.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Thanks. New product line is TrackIR 6?

I do not use TrackIR very much, only when flying FSX (not a lot) and also mouse emulation sometimes. I think it is just because I have to wear headphones+vector (or hat+vector) and I do not feel it very confortable (I prefer wear nothing).

Is there any plan to do TrackIR 6 with no needed of reflectors? Also would be great to track more parts fo the body. I�m really waiting for new improved TrackIR to buy.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

As you might be aware, we don't comment on future product development, but I can say there isn't a TrackIR 6 coming over the horizon right now. :) TrackIR 5 is our premium head tracking product, and will remain so for some time.

Tracking your head without markers, and retaining the level of accuracy we can currently achieve, is a very difficult proposition. We have investigated this type of tracking and have concluded that there is no way it can be as accurate as tracking defined markers. And, there really isn't the hardware to get the full image needed and processing power to compute the head position at 120FPS with so much data.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack