Having trouble with Arma 2

WilliamG

Having trouble with Arma 2

Post by WilliamG »

I just got a Trackir5, so I'm new to this...I downloaded and installed the proper software but...

My problem is I can't get Trackir to work with Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations. First things first: I'm using Windows 7. I have used my Trackir with iRacing (if only to a limited extent), and it worked as it should.

When I try to use it with Arma 2, etc., however, I can't get the various control functions mapped to the device - leaning, zooming, looking around - the Trackir choice appears in light gray, I click on it and click OK, but then it doesn't work. I don't know exactly what is meant by dragging or clicking on the key associated with the function, in order to get the game to recognize the Trackir (?), but apparently it does not. I have the Trackclip Pro for the headphones, and have that chosen in the Trackir control panel; both lights properly come on on the camera. I've looked in various forums, but cannot find an answer. I don't want to give up. Please...any suggestions? Why would it work in one game but not the other?

Thanks,
Kermudgeon
VincentG

Re: Having trouble with Arma 2

Post by VincentG »

With the TrackIR software running, Start Arma 2

Under Options -> Controls -> Controller, and make sure the TrackIR is enabled
WilliamG

Post by WilliamG »

Vincent,

I sincerely hope you don't get too many questions from people as clueless as myself. To the extent that you do, I have to ask: how do you not go nuts, having to provide reasoned, non critical answers in such cases?

Sorry, but this was just me being my usual self, overlooking the obvious and making things unnecessarily complicated. I never even noticed the controller option under controls. Why? I guess I just assumed Trackir would be recognized and automatically chosen for me; but you know what happens when one makes assumptions...

In any case, sorry you had to take the time to respond, though I do appreciate it. Obviously, everything works as it should. I just need to fine tune the settings to my liking, and I promise I'll do that myself!

Regards,
Kermudgeon

P.S. I'm probably going to suck at this game, but what the hell - somebody (will) just shoot me.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues, glad to help
DerMo

Post by DerMo »

Me too can�t get Traclk IR to work in Arma 2 CO.
Track IR is running and it�s in the controls setting of Arma2 (for example "lean left" is "Track IR left" but this entry is grey and not green and Track ir is not working since i added Arrowhead. Never had Problems before with Arma 2 standalone #
Greetings Der Mo
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling arma and arrowhead. It should work appropriately, it's possible that if connectivity was broken by arrowhead, that it is due to a conflict in the installation order.
chrisreb

Post by chrisreb »

I had this issue - solved it when I checked the controllers present, clicked on Tack Ir and clicked enable. Seems that although it was showing on list is did not seem to be enabled somehow although it had been previously.