DCS A10C Warthog support.

Mower

Re: DCS A10C Warthog support.

Post by Mower »

[quote=evilnate]Ouch! The most anticipated flight sim is made to run on the most likely OS and no support or even prediction of support?

I wonder if there are other head tracking options on the market, that support the most common needs.

If I were head of NP and wanted to make money..... [/quote]

This issue needs to be on NP's radar and front burner RIGHT NOW. They need to reprioritize today and get on it.

64 bit is clearly the future anyhow.
Nate--IRL--

Post by Nate--IRL-- »

[quote=smokeythelung]I'm fairly new, and admittedly slow when it comes to my PC. Hoping one of you gentlemen might shed some light on this situation.
So I've pre ordered the new DCS, like the rest of you I suppose, and I'm a little confused as to what this means for my gaming experience.
I didn't see an option for 32 bit or 64 bit download (no idea what this means :)), I'm fairly pessimistic (New Yorker) and assuming that I got the 64 bit version. Does this mean that my brand new shiny trackir5 will not work with this game? But might at a latter date? [/quote]

If you are in a 64bit OS, you can run the 32bit exe no problem. Just remember to tick the 32bit box when installing (Both 32 & 64bit are included), so you have both 64bit and 32bit versions installed (it takes up less than ~60mb to add 32bit IIRC )

Nate
Mower

Post by Mower »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]The TrackIR drivers are currently 64-bit. The TrackIR software itself is 32-bit

further support for the software to be a 64-bit application is currently being looked at, but there is no timeline for it's release. [/quote]

Love TIR, love your superior support.

Now, time to see how quick NP can move on "surprises" and git er dun.

(I hate the phrase "get er dun" but it seemed appropriate...LOL)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi all,

I just spoke with one of our lead developers, and he confirmed to me that TrackIR development will be starting up very soon. 64-bit application interoperability will be the first item on the list.

Thanks for your patience. We'll hopefully have something out to you guys to play with pretty soon.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Mower

Post by Mower »

Seth, thanx for the quick reply.

Sounds encouraging for now. I'll be watching.

Cheers.
eagledeer

Post by eagledeer »

NP support for new flight sims has always been stellar. thanks guys.
smokeythelung

Post by smokeythelung »

Thanks Nate,
Just to clarify, check only 32bit when prompted during install, and reinstall 64bit when new trackir software is made available?
richardleduc

Post by richardleduc »

Thanks for the update, hope it will be compatible with my TrackIr 3 with Vector.

Cheers
Nate--IRL--

Post by Nate--IRL-- »

[quote=smokeythelung]Thanks Nate,
Just to clarify, check only 32bit when prompted during install, and reinstall 64bit when new trackir software is made available? [/quote]

64bit is installed whether you want it or not, 32bit is the option. Both can be installed at the same time and you can use either any time you want.

Nate
smokeythelung

Post by smokeythelung »

Thank you very much...my heart rate just normalized, although I'm sure I'll still find a way to muck it up ;)