Track Cap Pro ?!?

psychomex

Track Cap Pro ?!?

Post by psychomex »

I ordered the The BB-Hat's with the Track-Clip. I have modiefied these hat's to use active ir (same as clip-pro).
the parts i picked up from my local radio-shack, and it costed me just a few buck's.

i dont know how to uppload pics here, so i just gonna link to FB album.

Track-Cap Pro
srdjan

Re: Track Cap Pro ?!?

Post by srdjan »

Hi AMG

Does your cool design work in bright environments? Are there still limit with the amount of outdoor light? I would like to build something like that for outdoor use (if it works - of course...)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Srdjan]Are there still limit with the amount of outdoor light? I would like to build something like that for outdoor use (if it works - of course...)[/quote]
I'll chime in and say that, regardless of the clip type you use (including DIY like this one), the TrackIR unit will be sensitive to IR light, which is plentiful outdoors.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
srdjan

Post by srdjan »

I was afraid of that :-S
The place where I want to use Trackir is big hall with glass roof which casts a lot of diffuse light around :-P
Our first idea was to place 1,5 by 1,5 meter panels behind viewer (which entirely covers the camera view).
From 10 in the morning till 16h it doesn't work. After that time the panel behind works. I was wandering, is there a material which can cover our panel and help in tracking process? Weird thing is that black fabric doesn't work. Black leather seems to work (but 4 1,5x1,5m panels will turn animal activists against us...)
The strangest thing is that glass panel seems to work too ?!
But there must be something better...

Any hints?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The key is that it be non-reflective. I haven't found any specific surface to be most ideal, though.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack