TrackIR software 5.1 Final now available - Updated

rubikon

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 3 now available - Updated

Post by rubikon »

Software crashes on WinXP SP3 on startup. Also if no device is connected.

[img:center]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8703/trackir5crash.png[/img]

Where is the problem?
maclean525

Post by maclean525 »

The issue I have is when I choose a game profile and change the dropdown from "Default" to my own custom profile it does not save. Every time I play a game I have to go back in and reset it.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Maclean525 -

Depending on windows permission settings, you may experience this issue. I would recommend making the appropriate settings while running the software as an administrator. We are looking into correcting this issue in a future release.
Max_Power

Post by Max_Power »

I'm having trouble with the software shutting down correctly in XP. It will look like it's shut down but will still show it in task manager. If I open more instances they build up in the task manager, each using up memory.

I have trackir 5 hardware. SP3. beta 3 software. Should I use final b instead?
swiss

Post by swiss »

I'm having problem with the IR leds - when exiting the program it says "shutting down camera", but the IR leds stay on.
If I put the PC in hibernation they turn off as well.

Tir5/5.0.300
W7-64u

Edit: A new install solved the problem.
mfrochon

Post by mfrochon »

I am using the latest beta (3) drivers with my TR5. I am running the release version of DCS: A-10C, 64 bit. I run both Programs TR5 and DCS in admin mode. I am having a problem with the center hotkey. I have set is as number pad 5. It works prior to staring the flight sim however when I try to recenter within the flight nothing happens.
Topgun505

Post by Topgun505 »

General question. Which driver do I need? I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and will be playing DCS: Black Shark and DCS: A-10C with their 64-bit versions, but I have a Track IR 5, device # 118465

So do I need version 5.1 beta 3, or ver 5.0 Final B?
Felderin

Post by Felderin »

[quote=maclean525]The issue I have is when I choose a game profile and change the dropdown from "Default" to my own custom profile it does not save. Every time I play a game I have to go back in and reset it. [/quote]

I have a similar issue with the current beta drivers. In addition, new profiles that I create no longer get saved. If I create a new profile and click on the button to save it, it will appear in the drop down list and can be assigned to games in the game list, but only until I close TrackIR. When I launch TrackIR again, the new profile is gone, the current profile is reset to "default,' and all games are reset to "default." When I launch a game (in this case, DCS A-10C), TrackIR also resets to the default profile, even if I have assigned a different profile to the game in the games list.

It's definitely not a permissions issue--I'm running on an account with Admin privileges, and I have the TrackIR shortcut set to "Run as Admin" in the Compatibility tab. This problem started when I installed the 5.1 beta.
hhiiffii

Post by hhiiffii »

I'm getting this after uninstall and reinstall and I had cleared the registry. "This application is already running in one instance"

This was reported earlier in this forum but I have seen no definitive answer yet. I also had to install/re-install several times to get 5.1 running and even though I cleared the registry before my last install, I am getting the same message on PC startup. I have not tried saving profiles so cannot comment on that yet. Head tracking seems to be OK. I am reluctant to un-install again as I do get to use my Trackir and I do not want to repeat the amount of trouble I had to get this far.

I use a TrackClip Pro.
Win 7 64
None of the options for start up are checked yet this happens on PC startup.
I am logged in as the administrator.
4.1.038 and 5.0 software would install but not recognize the camera.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The installation issue that causes TrackIR software to not recognize the camera in Windows 7/64 I believe is tied to UAC, and can simply be fixed by downloading the software, then right clicking on the install package and selecting "run as administrator", even if your account is listed as an administrator.

As to the application is already running in one instance issue, I would check your start menu\programs\startup folder for anything causing trackir to start, as well as msconfig. I have seen instances of software giving this issue depending on the upgrade path of the software.