TrackIR software 5.1 Final now available - Updated

kappa1

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 1 now available

Post by kappa1 »

[quote=ReiLar][quote=Rusty_]This new beta is blocking FSX keys F9 and F12! Tried to change everything in TrackIR 5 profile. Even changed default profile keys in XML file but not resolved. Uninstalling.....

(R) [/quote]

I have the same problem with the F7 key in DCS A-10C. I found a workaround by removing all profiles except the TrackIR Default profile and my DCS A-10C profil. Then manually editing default.xml by changing the default key for precision (F7) to something else (LShift+Insert). Somehow the default profile seems to influence the game I'm playing even if I use another profile in DCS A-10C. At least, that's what I suspect is happening.
By the way, I'm running TrackIR as administrator ("Run as administrator") when I'm playing DCS A-10C if this possibly has something to do with this behaviour. [/quote]

I have the same problem in dcs BS, f7 f9 and f10 are blocked by the trackir software, it seems as if it reads all profiles and block all keys which are dessignated in them.

I edited the default and the profile I am using to have shift-fX and it worked after I removed all other profiles in my folder.
Fixeroh

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 2 now available - Updated

Post by Fixeroh »

[quote=Lerxster][quote=Lerxster]Here's an odd one... When running the excecutable I get an error: "Error extracting support files: Class not registered". Then the program closes.

Any ideas?

Cheers[/quote]

Resolved by reinstalling windows 7! [/quote]

No way will I be reinstalling Win 7. I have a very fresh install and everything other app and game is running perfectly. There has to be something else inhibiting the proper isntallation of the TrackIR software. The previous beta version installed and worked perfectly. Sorry to learn you had to go to the trouble of reistallin an entire operating system. But it does need to be done from time to time. Now is not my time however. LOL
kurtd

Post by kurtd »

I just scanned all of the posts and I am having an issue I didn't see mentioned here.

Upgraded to the 64 bit from the 32 TIR5 software. (The 32 bit worked absolutely flawlessly)

The only titles I use TIR5 with are DCS Warthog and Lockon FC2.

In DCS A10 I am getting a "jumping". Randomly, the left green light will shut off for less that a second and the view will flicker and move randomly, then jump back to normal.

Sometimes it will do it once or twice, then be fine for a minute, other times it will do it continually for a few seconds, then be fine, for 5 minutes or so.

I am getting the same in LOFC2 as well, but not as often.

Nothing in my environment has changed, lighting, viewing distance, etc, after installing the new 64 bit software.
Any ideas? Thanks!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you look at the TrackIR software, in the camera view what do you see here?

Are you using the TrackClip, or the TrackClip Pro?

Are the 3 green tracking points center in the camera view?

Any other red/gray in the camera view?
Tailspin45

Post by Tailspin45 »

Same problem here as kurtd, just so you known he's not the only one. Using TrackClipPro,the 3 green tracking points are centered in the camera view, no other sources in the camera view.
kurtd

Post by kurtd »

Track clip, 3 green centered dots.. But I think I may have it sorted. Tailspin, do you wear glasses?

Thank you for the heads up, Vincent. I checked the camera view, and I was getting small red reflections off my glasses.. So I bumped up the light filter threshold to max, and turned the camera IR down to 12 to get rid of the reflections.

I just flew a 45 minute mission and only noticed a 2 quick jumps..

So, maybe some fine tuning of the camera with the new software was all that was needed.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

For those of you having issues with the F7, F9, and F12 keys remaining trapped in your games, even if you remap the hotkeys within TrackIR to other keys, please try the new Beta 3 release, which should address this problem:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... 139&page=1
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jeffyd123

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 3 now available - Updated

Post by jeffyd123 »

Why wont the beta 2 uninstall?

Its deleted everything but for 2 logs in the program files folder.

The software still shows up in the add/remove programs and it says its still running after 10 minutes.

So whats the deal guys?

EDIT: WEll I had to close the add/remove apps window then it finished....

Plus, as an added bonus....

I get to totally rebuild my profile that i saved because none of the settings work now.

and lastly, thanks so much for no instructions on the update too.
Last edited by jeffyd123 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: please keep feedback constructive and respectful
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Jeff,

Please keep in mind that these are beta releases. As much as we'd like to have a perfect, bug-free release, that often just doesn't happen right out of the gate. If you are using the beta software, you can expect hiccups while we iron things out. It's an unfortunate, but often unavoidable part of the process. Detailed, constructive feedback from users helps us create a good release candidate.

Regarding your questions:

Beta 3 was just uploaded last night, so we haven't received much feedback yet from those uninstalling beta 2. In fact, this is the first hint that something might be up. We will investigate and see if we can reproduce the problem.

It sounds like the bulk of the uninstall was successful, with just a few small files holding on. What were the names of the files that didn't uninstall?

Where does it say that the software is still running after 10 minutes? In the Task Manager? When you say the software is still running, do you mean the un-installation process, or the actual TrackIR application?

Please don't remove your previous profile. We should be able to isolate whatever problem you're encountering. When it's addressed, the profile you had before should still work, as no philosophical changes have been made to how TrackIR reads a profile. It's possible that there was just a bug in implementation that needs to be tracked down.

Finally, what instructions do you feel are missing? The installation of the software should follow very basic practices, just like all of the previous releases. There are release notes in the first post of this thread outlining changes that were made in this version. What else would you like to see?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
crownwang

Post by crownwang »

I just install beta 3.

when I gaming the DSC A10-C,I can`t use the trackir,

so I check in the option of the game control,

the control list can`t find the trackir.

later I try in the DSC blackshark,all is ok.