TrackIR software 5.1 Final now available - Updated

Thomasew

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 1 now available

Post by Thomasew »

Hi, ..

SOLVED: It was that nuisance of a 'Run as Administrator' thing. I checked that in the TrackIR 5 Shortcut, and my Hotkeys are working fine. :blush:

Sorry Peeps .. :blush:

I can't seem to get any Hotkeys, or combinations thereof, to work in DCS A10, nor Blackshark or Flaming Cliffs 2.

It all works fine, prior to loading any of the sims, but will not work whilst the sim is running.

Tracking seems to be working ok, but am unable to Center View, Pause etc..

My Version 4 Software works fine.

Unfortunately, I can't test with any other sim/game, as this is a new Install of Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and haven't gotten around to installing anything else.

I'm using a TrackIR Pro-3 with the Vector thingie, and the Trackclip.

Thanks and Regards

Cheers
Tom
Last edited by Thomasew on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Solved
konkussion

Post by konkussion »

Uninstall clean- or just install over it?
Birch

Post by Birch »

[quote=Doomer]* Fixed crash for some ATI Radeon cards with Catalyst 10.x+ drivers
Does not work with my computer. I had stilll use the old fix method, copying earlier version of atioglxx.dll to TrackIR5 directory.
[/quote]

Some more information about your setup would be helpful for investigating this issue.

* What operating system are you using

* What video card make/model do you have

* Driver version is installed on your system

* What version of the atioglxx.dll do you have to copy into the TrackIR5 directory to work around the crash?
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

"MAJOR PROBLEM...

Panel and HeadsUp View (center icon) keeps loosing the HeadsUp portion. It looks identical to Panel View.

I re-install 5.1.100 and it is normal for awhile than all of a sudden the HeadsUp portion is missing again.

This has happened three time so far.

Doc

We will try to reproduce this internally. Thanks for the feedback. Is this happening with any consistent triggers? (E.g. only during gameplay, when a game is first loading, when the TrackIR software first detects your head movement, etc.)"

It seems to happen LOT; do not see any specific trigger point. It seems to happen when going back and forth between screens with the three icons. It will work OK for a few times than all of a sudden no more Heads Up on the Panel view.

Re-installing is the only thing that restores the Heads Up.

Doc
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

The Precision issue may be because I have the curve set extreamly high and with a sharp cut off point so I can see behind me with only about a 30 degree head turn. In other words, very high gain.

With similar settings in version 4 the default Precison seemed to be just fine as is.

Suggest that maybe some sort of default "smart" Precision Mode that senses the users head turning angle and gain could automatically set itself as a percentage of total curve gain. There could also be an overide slider that the user could fine tune or simply leave at the Default setting.

Doc

Doc
Rusty_

Post by Rusty_ »

This new beta is blocking FSX keys F9 and F12! Tried to change everything in TrackIR 5 profile. Even changed default profile keys in XML file but not resolved. Uninstalling.....

(R)
Rusty_

Post by Rusty_ »

Uninstalled 5.1 and reinstalled 5.0B then all is fine with FSX again.

Seth! Why don't you use NUM1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 as defaults! These keyes are used for viewing in all the flight sims I know. And these keyes are obsolete when you have TrackIR. Even if you use NUM5 as default CENTER it will Center the flight sim view in the sim at the same time.

(R)
reilar

Post by reilar »

[quote=Rusty_]This new beta is blocking FSX keys F9 and F12! Tried to change everything in TrackIR 5 profile. Even changed default profile keys in XML file but not resolved. Uninstalling.....

(R) [/quote]

I have the same problem with the F7 key in DCS A-10C. I found a workaround by removing all profiles except the TrackIR Default profile and my DCS A-10C profil. Then manually editing default.xml by changing the default key for precision (F7) to something else (LShift+Insert). Somehow the default profile seems to influence the game I'm playing even if I use another profile in DCS A-10C. At least, that's what I suspect is happening.
By the way, I'm running TrackIR as administrator ("Run as administrator") when I'm playing DCS A-10C if this possibly has something to do with this behaviour.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you runing both the IR software, and the gaming application as an admin?

Are you only seeing this issue with the latest TrackIR beta application?
Doomer

Post by Doomer »

Here are the requested details:

-Windows XP SP3 32-bit
-Sapphire Radeon 4850 Toxic
-Catalyst version 10.10
-Atioglxx.dll version: Not 100% sure. I believe it was from Catalyst 10.2 version. The file is from February 3, 2010. File properties don't give me the version details for some reason.