TrackIR5 not installing

VincentG

Re: TrackIR5 not installing

Post by VincentG »

One other thing to try. Try renaming the Install shield folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield_other

then installing
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

Valiant atttempt Vincent but, unfortunately, that didn't solve it. It actually seems to be an issue of extracting files as the app window that pops up and explains that TrackIR 5 Setup is preparing teh InstallShield Wizard, hangs about about 15%. And I've downloaded beta 2 and 3 several times so I'm sure the file isn't corrupted or anything. Looking more and more like a Win 7 reinstall but I'm afraid the problem will persist afterward. However the majority are not experiencing this issues so perhaps it's just a few computers.
Jertal

Post by Jertal »

Hi Fixeroh,
I've known exactly the same problem, this week, with a new TrackIR5 installed after the certainly bad uninstallation of a TrackIR4 bought three years ago. I've made a point of restoration of my OS (win7 64) without success and finally used the idea exposed by AE Iceland, at the beginning of this post : install TrackIR 5.1 beta 03 in an other computer win7 64 and copy the file TrackIR5 into the first computer win7 64. And that's working! I hope to you the same result.
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

Radius: Thank you for the idea! A very good idea too. But it came too late. I got frustrated and decided to reinstall Win 7 on my machine. That is why I've been offline a bit. I'm very particular about installations on my gaming computer. Just installed the TrackIR software and it went perfectly. I do not know why I was having trouble before. Ironically, I got TrackIR to install correctly but now I can't get A-10C from DCS to install! That was the entire point behind installing the new TrackIR software! LOL. Some things just don't come easy. Thanks again for idea and happy gaming.
r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

I myself just bought the TrackIR 5 with TrackClipPro and am suffering from the same install issue with version 5.1 (final). I have even tried installing version 4.1.038 (final) but that one gave the same error.

I'm a little frustrated that I've paid about 200 euros (including delivery costs) and now that I finally have it, I can't use it.

Can someone zip the files, than I can copy the files to their target directory myself. Any of the solutions provided in this thread of other threads did not work.

I have a clean Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit install and using a ATI Radeon HD5870 videocard on a I7 930 system with 12GB (DDR3) of ram with all the latest drivers for the hardware.
endoskeptic

Post by endoskeptic »

Yeah, I am suffering the same thing as you too. Does anyone have a solution to this? I just spend so much money on this and it's not working because of some server failed to execute. I also turned off all my firewalls and it is still not working. :(
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

This is an issue that comes from some instances of WIndows Vista and 7 that disagree with our installer methods. We're working to replace the installer, but until then there are methods. The easiest way would be to contact support@naturalpoint.com and reference this forum post. We can send you a zipped TrackIR directory and manual installation instructions.
Wodin

Post by Wodin »

Did any of you get the installation files?

If so anychance you could email them to me. As I spent yesterday trying to get them emailed to me to no avail.

Thanks