TrackIR5 not installing

Addi727

TrackIR5 not installing

Post by Addi727 »

Hi.

Just got myself TrackIR5 for christmas and was trying to install it.
I get 2 different errors. The first one says "Setup failed to run installation. On or more arguments are not correct."

Then if I try and install again with out rebooting, I get. "Error extracting support files. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".

Have tried to install TrackIR_5.0.Final.b and 5.1.beta.02 and both give me the same problem.

I did see that somebody here got it fixed by re-installing Win7, but no way i�m doing that, also, i do not have another computer to install and copy from

System is a new I7 3.2 with win7 64

Please advice.
VincentG

Re: TrackIR5 not installing

Post by VincentG »

Are you logged into the system as an admin?

Have you tried right clicking on the installer, and selecting run as admin?

Are you running any other applications in the background?
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Are you logged into the system as an admin?

Have you tried right clicking on the installer, and selecting run as admin?

Are you running any other applications in the background? [/quote]

Vincent: I'm unable to install beta 2 as well but I get a 'server execution failed' error each time I try to install the software. I'm logged in as admin, right click and run as admin and have nothing running in the background. The installer starts to extract files but then freezes at about 10%. After about 2 minutes, the error message pops up. Have redownloaed the file about 5 times and rebooted numerous times as well. Am running Win7 x64 and everything else is working fine. My TrackIR is not connected and the previous software version was fully uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated.
Axl0

Post by Axl0 »

the same thing happens to me. I am on Windows XP Pro x64.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Try deleting the following file folder, then reinstalling

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{F3CA05B7-B4C0-4C9B-AAA6-16B868B35DF2}
Axl0

Post by Axl0 »

Still get the same error message
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Try deleting the following file folder, then reinstalling

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{F3CA05B7-B4C0-4C9B-AAA6-16B868B35DF2}

[/quote]

Per our email correspondence, I do not have that particular folder in the InstallShield directory. I searched the other folders in the InstallShield directory and found none related to NaturalPoint. But obviously you would know exact what the folder would be called so that was wasted effort on my part.

Now cannot even install the previous version of TrackIR 5 software. Same error. Have disabled everything not directly Win 7 required via the Task Manager and still no luck. If I can't even reinstall the previous version of TrackIR software then I'm really in a spot of trouble. Black Shark, Wings of Prey, Rise of Flight won't be anywhere near the same. LOL.
Axl0

Post by Axl0 »

Still get the problem with 5.1 beta 3
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

Ditto here. Downloaded Beta 3 but still the same install error. I'm not sure if there is a way to test to see it is strictly a problem with this software or if something with Windows InstallShield itself is corrupt. Do not relish the thought of reinstalling an operating system at this point in time.
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

NaturalPoint Devs: what version of InstallShield does the TrackIR software require to install? I found this link while researching my install problems: Install Shield repair The version I had on my computer is 9.01 (per instructions contained in weblink) and I downloaded and installed a replacement InstallShield but it did not rectify my TrackIR install problem. I realize that I may be a minority with my problem but there are a few others experiencing install issues as well.