Flipping Views

Robinovich

Flipping Views

Post by Robinovich »

Hi All,

I am having a problem with TrackIR 5 and FSX.

Just recently my cockpit views flip upside down, so it appears that I am hanging upside down like a bat!?

This problem has only manifested in the last few days of flying. I haven't added any new software and TrackIR + Ezdok have been working fine for a long time. If I disable the TrackIR software (F9) and switch to an outside view then back into the cockpit I am sitting in the pilots seat and not hanging of the celling! As soon as I re-enable TrackIR I flip back upside down!

This seems to happen randomly and with no particular aircraft. Some times it works fine, other times it doesn't.

Has anyone else experience this problem and is there a solution?

I am using TrackIR5, Ezdok 1.17, FSX + SP2 + Acceleration and XP.

Help!?

R
VincentG

Re: Flipping Views

Post by VincentG »

Does it go back to normal, if you recenter the view, using the hotkey (default F12)?

What version of the TrackIR software are you using?

If you look in the TrackIR software, on the camera view window, do you see 3 green, any red/gray?

Are you using the TrackClip, or the TrackClip Pro?
Robinovich

Post by Robinovich »

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your response.

I am using TrackIR V 5.0.300 (Build6225).

I am also using a trackclip.

Using F12 to recenter sometimes works, other times it doesn't. I do always see 3 green in the camera window, even when the view flips upside down. The problem is very random. Today it all worked fine.

Regards

R
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you could send in a screen shot, of the TrackIR software, when this issue occurs, that could help out.
markwlee

Post by markwlee »

It happens to me too. Sometimes in FSX the VC flips upside down. I can't get it to right itself and TrackIR can stop functioning. It's happened to me twice in the A2A Spitfire with Accusim. I'm using a TrackIR4 with the latest Naturalpoint software... and EZDOK. My system is XP32-bit.

Also, I'm still using ATI drivers from March last year (10-3) because any later ones I've tried won't let TrackIR start at all. Is there any dialogue with ATI to have some compatibility? It may possibly only be an issue with 32-bit.

Thanks for your consideration.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

We are working as hard as we can to isolate the cause of the issue with the ATI video cards. It appears to only occur on Windows XP 32 bit machines, and not all of them. If you could please let us know the following information, it will greatly help us attempt to isolate the problem.

Processor
Memory type/amount
Motherboard Chipset
Video card (model, memory type/amount, agp/pci-e)
Video Driver version that works, versions that error.

As for the locked controls, it's possible that the issue is related to the ATI OpenGL issue.

I would recommend using 4.1.038 and seeing if it does the same thing in that version. It is the previous UI, but it has all the same functionality updates as 5.x as they have been developed side by side due to the fact that 4.x does not have the OGL/ATI crash on some systems.

Thanks -
markwlee

Post by markwlee »

Intel E6750 core2duo OC 3.4gHz
Corsair DDR2 800 2gB
Gigabyte p35C-DS3R
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4890 1gB GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0
ATI Driver 10.3 (March last year) [any later ones I've tried, TrackIR won't start]
Windows XP Professional 32Bit
TrackIR4 #43718 Driver:TrackIR 5.0.300 Build 6225
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The issue with ATI video cards is not one of compatibility between our hardware and theirs, rather it's an issue with their drivers and XP with regard to OpenGL, as posted here:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post46518

Did 4.1.038 resolve the control issue you were having?
markwlee

Post by markwlee »

I've just had a flight with ATI driver 11.2 (Feb 2011) and TrackIR in NT4.0 Compatibility mode. It worked! Hopefully it will keep working. The flipping of the VC is an intermittent problem so I'll have to see whether it recurs.
I'm using the latest TrackIR drivers.
Forgot to mention I also use EZCADOK.

Thanks for your attention, Mike, and here's hoping my solution is permanent.
markwlee

Post by markwlee »

It wasn't permanent. The 3rd & any subsequent starts of TrackIR wouldn't work.
However, I upgraded to the latest version trackIRv5.1 and, so far, it's working. It's in "NT4.0 Compatibility mode". I didn't set that mode but, as it's working I'm not game to touch it.