TrackIR 5 stopped working

schwaulen

TrackIR 5 stopped working

Post by schwaulen »

Hi,

I purchased TrackIR5 about three weeks ago. Everything went just perfekt, no problems at all, played ArmAII with it for two weeks.
One day, I started the software and the tracking did not work, not even in the software.
However, the TrackIR software detects the camera and the LED on the PROClip are working. But no green LED on the camera. If i put the camera on pause, the amber LED works.
USB seems also to be working, the camera is listed in the Hardware Manager.

I deinstalled TrackIR, cleared the registry an reinstalled everything according to the guide in the support section.
But still not working. I use Windows XP 32bit.

Is there anything i can try additionally or should I just send it back to the shop since it is just three weeks old and maybe fubar.

Thanks in advance for any help.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5 stopped working

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello, Schwaulen

If you start the TrackIR software, is the TrackClip PRO button selected?

If you hold the TrackClip PRO in front of the camera, does the left green LED turn on? When you load ArmA 2, does the right green LED turn on?

If you switch to camera view, do you see any green or red dots on the grid?

Also, ArmA 2 requires that you select TrackIR as a valid input device in the controls menu. Could you confirm that this is set?

-Mike
schwaulen

Post by schwaulen »

Hi Mike

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Hello, Schwaulen

If you start the TrackIR software, is the TrackClip PRO button selected?[/quote]
Yes.

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]If you hold the TrackClip PRO in front of the camera, does the left green LED turn on? When you load ArmA 2, does the right green LED turn on?[/quote]
No, neither.

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]If you switch to camera view, do you see any green or red dots on the grid?[/quote]
No. It's like the camera receives nothing. However, if I switch to TrackClip, the IR LEDs on the camera turn on. But it is also not tracking.

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Also, ArmA 2 requires that you select TrackIR as a valid input device in the controls menu. Could you confirm that this is set?

-Mike [/quote]It is. But I don't think it's a problem with the game anyway, becaus the TrackIR software itself can't track anything.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Have you tried installing version 4 of the software? It uses a different architecture that might work if there is something in your current setup that is causing an issue with 5.1.

The version 4 final software can be found here:
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... inal.B.exe

If 4 doesn't work for you either, please get a screenshot of the TrackIR software while you have the clip active and infront of the camera and send it to support@naturalpoint.com so we can discuss other options on how to proceed.