TIR software doesn't select TrackClip Pro on startup

spotlope

TIR software doesn't select TrackClip Pro on startup

Post by spotlope »

I'm having a small problem on a new rig I built. I've got a TIR 5 w/a TrackClip Pro, and the TIR5 software starts up on loading windows. The problem is that when it starts, the software is set to a hat clip instead of the TrackClip Pro, and I have to remember to go into the control panel and reset it to the clip every time. The clip and TIR unit use the combined USB dongle, but the system doesn't seem to be aware that I've got the clip. Any ideas how I might remedy that?

thanks,
Bill Womack
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TIR software doesn't select TrackClip Pro on startup

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Out of curiosity, when you change to TrackClip Pro, and close the software, does the last modified date on c:\program files\naturalpoint\trackir\settings.xml change?
spotlope

Post by spotlope »

I'll have a look, Mike. I hadn't noticed before.
spotlope

Post by spotlope »

A quick update: I checked the modified date on my settings.xml file and it was set to something like October of last year. Odd, since I use this software (and have to re-set the trackclip pro option) daily. Another weird thing was that the checkbox for launch when Windows starts was unchecked, but the software loaded on starting Windows anyway. I left it unchecked and went into the startup options in msconfig, found the entry for TIR, and unchecked it.

The current setup is that I start Windows and then just manually start the TIR software. Since I've started doing that, it always seems to select the proper hardware on start - and my settings.xml file updates when I change things, too. Problem solved, it seems.

thanks,
Bill