Page 1 of 1
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 am
We're having the old FT vs TIR discussion in another forum, I wonder if I can get the answers to a few open questions here.
- How many TIR5 have been sold so far?(please don't make me ask users to post their serial numbers
- When did TIR5 enter the market?
- Why don't(or can't) NP sue FT for using the TIR interface?
Re: TIR5 Questions
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 pm
Ah, the old FT vs. TIR discussion, a favorite of ours
- How many TIR 5 units have been sold: As you would expect, we don't disclose sales figures, but we can say that the TrackIR brand has been around since 2002 and has both a large, loyal following and attraction to new users.
- TrackIR 5 entered the market in April of 2009. We got to roll out my favorite marketing slogan of all time "TrackIR 5 is Alive".
- We are glad to see FreeTrack recognizing the value of head tracking in games and simulations as pioneered by our TrackIR products. Hopefully FreeTrack also recognizes the tremendous effort and investment NaturalPoint has and continues to make in getting titles to support head tracking and promoting it within the community. We encourage FreeTrack to undertake their own such efforts instead of relying upon the work of NaturalPoint.
I hope that helps, while realizing that some of the answers can't be too specific for business reasons.