Wont shut down in task manager

Max_Power

Wont shut down in task manager

Post by Max_Power »

Starting a thread to get some attention to my problem that was ignored in the beta3 thread.

I'm having trouble with the software shutting down correctly in XP. It will look like it's shut down but will still show it in task manager. If I open more instances they build up in the task manager, each using up memory.

I have trackir 5 hardware. SP3. I encounter this with software versions b final, and beta 3

Sometimes when I have this problem, the red lights will shut off, but other times they just fade a little. [img:left]http://img51.imageshack.us/i/trackirmultiple.jpg/[/img]
Max_Power

Re: Wont shut down in task manager

Post by Max_Power »

bump
Max_Power

Post by Max_Power »

bump!
Max_Power

Post by Max_Power »

It's getting annoying that you guys completely ignore this post. Is my problem too much to handle? Is this the way you guys handle customer service, by hoping people will just go away? What do I have to do to get an answer? I notice you guys are quick to answer the easy stuff that's in the manual anyway, but when someone has an actual problem that will require work or an explanation you guys ignore it?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Rumple,

Sorry we haven't been able to get to your issue in a more timely manner. Your "bump" posts were placed on the weekend, so we haven't been in the office to address your questions until yesterday. Since then we've been stretched a little thin, with several NP folks out of town at a trade show. We're not ignoring you because your questions are too difficult.

The issue you're describing was addressed for all other users (that I'm aware of) in a fix in 5.1 beta 1. This is the first I've heard of the bug since then. I'll point our developers to your post and we'll begin investigating potential issues.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Max_Power

Post by Max_Power »

Let me know if I can assist with system specs, screenshots etc. I don't expect an instant fix either. Thanks.
shamandgg

Post by shamandgg »

Here I have exactly same issue since very first 5.x versions of software.
This issue still exist in 5.1 final release drivers & software.
I am using TrackIR4 hardware and 5th version of the software on Windows 7 64bit currently. This issue exists on Windows XP SP3 32bit too (since I have dual-boot system).

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post40571
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

As Seth said, we are working to identify the cause of this issue. I have seen it here in our offices, and once we can figure out how to reliably reproduce it we can make efforts to eliminate it.
Max_Power

Post by Max_Power »

After doing a bit more research on the ROF boards, it seems this problem is pretty common. It's a problem I can live with, I was just worried I might have a bad unit.
shamandgg

Post by shamandgg »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]As Seth said, we are working to identify the cause of this issue. I have seen it here in our offices, and once we can figure out how to reliably reproduce it we can make efforts to eliminate it.

[/quote]
Can we assist in anyway? Do you need any specific logs or anything?