Wont shut down in task manager

Lange_666

Re: Wont shut down in task manager

Post by Lange_666 »

Dealing with the same problem.
The software doesn't always shut down correctly (the TrackIR does) and can only be closed from the task manager.

But that is not all. When it happens, it creates an Unknown Device listed in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. This can only be removed through going to the Device Manager with showing non-present devices and deleting it from there. After a reboot and "unplugging the power from the computer", the Unknown Device is gone until the next time TrackIR software doesn't shut down correctly.

System:
I7 920
Asus PT6 Deluxe V2 mobo
TrackIR 4
Software: Track IR 5.1 Final
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

Have had same problem. I am running Win 7 64 bit home edition and software version 5.1.3 of Trackir. I have noticed multiple Trackir running in Task Manager when I was having a problem with my views and I guess this was why. I just check task manager after shutting down Trackir to insure it is no longer running. I have had this problem on other software versions as well as the 5xxx.
I have noticed that Natural Point loads in "Program Files x86" folder by default and if the new software is compatible for 64 bit systems, should this go into the "Program Files" file instead. I was thinking the the x86 program folder was for 32 bit programs.-- not sure on this ?
thanks for working on this problem ---rclark
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The program installs in the (x86) directory because the program is 32 bit. It has drivers for 64 bit systems, and can interface with 64 bit games, but the core program itself is still 32 bit which is why it gets installed into this folder.

We have seen the shutdown issue, and have been able to recreate it with accuracy. At this point, we are attempting to debug the issue and find the root cause of the improper termination.

If the program does exibit this beheivor, there is no harm in stopping the process through task manager after you are finished using the TrackIR software.

I have yet to see the device manager issue, though. Would you be able to get a screenshot of this as well as a screenshot of the USB device details (vid/pid)?
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

Hey Mike, I believe Rumple's first post (here,pg. 1) has the screenshot of the task manager problem,mine does the same.I have 3 pictures from using windows sniptool but do not have a way to get it to you via this forum,I'm not to savvy with how to post pictures. I will say, I don't see anything unusual with the usb connection via viewing device manager.
thanks for looking into this--rclark
NaturalPoint - Mike

If you'd like, you can send the screenshots to support@naturalpoint.com for review as well.
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

Hey Mike,
Email sent,Mon.4/11/11, 8:00 EST.
Again thanks for all the help and attention to this issue.
rclark
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

I got the screenshots, and they seem to support the idea that the issue is related to the one we are working on tracking down. Look to a future release to resolve this issue.
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

I'm glad this helped to support what you all were working on Mike.
again thanks to all of you there for looking into this and most of all the response/communication in little scadoo's like this --- rclark ----
Joeflyer

Post by Joeflyer »

Along the same lines, I updated my software to the latest 5.1 for TrackIR 4 hardware and the camera stops working during a flight. I try shutting down TIR and it hangs up. I have to go into task manager and shut it down completely. Since I use an Nvidia 570 GPU and Win XP 32 bit SP3, I didn't think the newest software would create a problem but it certainly does.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Joe, out of curiosity, do you have any antivirus or firewall software running? When the software stops sending information to FSX, does it give any error messages or leave any events in your application or system event log?