Track IR 180deg = 270 deg in DCS:WH!

shamandgg

Track IR 180deg = 270 deg in DCS:WH!

Post by shamandgg »

I have to repost this here, since I do not know whether it is TIR software problem, or flight sim problem.

Here's the issue:

There's something definately wrong here with YAW control of head-view in DCS: Warthog.
It is not related to curves in TIR software at all.
I noticed that the 180 degree (6 o'clock) position in TIR software corresponds in DCS:WH to 270 degree position (in case of right head turn, you end up on 9 o'clock).

This is absolutely weird and creates even more hassle.
F.e. I have locked my TIR to stop at 180 degree position... in other sims it works great, but in DCS:WH, I keep overturning my head around 6 o'clock like an owl. So weird...

I am using 5.1.200 version of software - full release (build 9414).

original post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p ... ost1128073

Re: Track IR 180deg = 270 deg in DCS:WH!

Post by ginzo »

I get the same thing too in Black Shark.
Seth Steiling

Re: Track IR 180deg = 270 deg in DCS:WH!

Post by Seth Steiling »

In both Black Shark and A10, ED has opted to scale the data that they receive from TrackIR. So, whatever you're accustomed to a profile doing in another title--it will be amplified in those two. I'd recommend creating a custom profile for those games, so you can take that in-game scaling into account.

I've also heard that you can adjust the scaling in your DCS options settings, so you don't have to create a new TrackIR profile. I haven't tested this, but you might check with ED on the possibility. This could prove to be a better solution.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack