Fixable or Throwable

avagood1

Fixable or Throwable

Post by avagood1 »

I have had my TrackIR5 for close to 2 years and it has performed faultlessly for all of that time - until the other day. One minute it's working fine, the next it stops.

The issue is that on start up it works for about a minute then the green light on the left side starts flickering. The camera view shows red streaks and dots as if there is an interfering background light source across the sensors entire field of view. The green light flickers again and the apparent background light changes to a different chaotic mash of streaks and dots.

I know for a fact that the background light is not the problem as it does the same thing in total darkness. I am pretty sure I have all the relevant updates I need. Aside from bashing it, I think I have tried everything to rectify this issue.

Is it able to be fixed for a reasonable price or should I bin it?

The serial number of the unit I believe is 111533 (that's the number on the cord label) If you need any other information, let me know and I'll do my best.

Cheers
Troy
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Fixable or Throwable

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Could you post a screenshot of the camera view when it is exibiting this behavior? If you are having difficulties posting a screenshot, you could also email one to support@naturalpoint.com
avagood1

Post by avagood1 »

Answered via email.
avagood1

Post by avagood1 »

Any updates on this issue? I haven't received a reply to the email as yet.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

My apologies, the email address and name on the email sent are different from those in the forums so I didn't recognize it immediately.

A TrackIR 4 exhibiting these symptoms is more than likely no longer properly functioning. If it happens within a minute or two, I would be interested to see if it is overheating at all, but if that's the case it probably is dead.