TrackIR5 won't hold its settings

humgoo

Re: TrackIR5 won't hold its settings

Post by humgoo »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Try uninstalling the windows 7 trackir program, then re-downloading but don't install from the downloader. Instead, save it to your desktop, then right click the installer and run that as an administrator.

It would also help to disable UAC (control panel - user accounts - change user account control settings) during the installation. [/quote]

Thankyou, I will try that.

BTW, I updated my Win7 nvidia drivers after posting my problem on this forum. After the update, TrackIR 5 will remember my settings and profiles in Win7 although It still will not start with windows. Before I updated the drivers, it wouldn't remember anything.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Does it crash at windows startup or does it just not start?

Is it still listed in the startup tab of msconfig?
trackmyir

Post by trackmyir »

im having the exact same issue and its realy annoing.
everytime i fire up my computer there is trackir and i have to re enter all settings.
im running windows 7 x64 utlimate.
i have installed as administrator.
but it just wont hold its settings like it should start minimized, but it doesnt and all settings are gone.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Do you have user account controls enabled?
randomcivilian

Re: TracsettingskIR5 won't hold its

Post by randomcivilian »

I am having this frustrating problem as well and would like to bump this thread, as there is very little info on this issue.

I have attempted to install this program as admin, UAC is disabled anyway, set file permissions, etc. Pretty much everything mentioned in this thread, and any which way to possibly install the program. When I start my computer, even if I have selected for the app to start minimized, the program launches and shows on my screen with all settings wiped to default. It will remember profiles, but not auto-launch them. It will forget to run minimized, the LED lights will be re-enabled, and it defaults to using the track-clip, instead of the pro-clip (which I own).

I had previously had it installed on this system without any problems. But due to cleaning up my hard drives and performing a clean install of windows on my C: drive, the application now refuses to install correctly. Any help appreciated.

My system:
Windows 7 Home Premium
i7-2600
8GB G'Skill 2133MHz
M4 SSD
GTX-780
TrackIR 5 w/ Pro-clip
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello randomcivilian,

I would like you to open the TrackIR software. Then go into the TrackIR install folder, by default it is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5. Once in there I would like you to delete the Settings XML file. Make your adjustments in the TrackIR software and then reboot the program. It should have populated a new settings file with all of your current settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can explore other causes of the issue and then post the final result and solution on here.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
randomcivilian

Post by randomcivilian »

MikeWitham wrote:Hello randomcivilian,

I would like you to open the TrackIR software. Then go into the TrackIR install folder, by default it is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5. Once in there I would like you to delete the Settings XML file. Make your adjustments in the TrackIR software and then reboot the program. It should have populated a new settings file with all of your current settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can explore other causes of the issue and then post the final result and solution on here.

Best regards,
THANK YOU! :D Problem officially solved. Thank you so much for for the help! I really appreciate it.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello randomcivilian,

Glad to hear!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager