TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Megadyptes

Re: TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Post by Megadyptes »

Found this thread whilst Googling for the exact same problem. Using a Logitech MX518 mouse.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Does it work properly if you create a new profile, as in the suggestion on page 1?
hedgehog

Post by hedgehog »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Does it work properly if you create a new profile, as in the suggestion on page 1? [/quote]
Not for me: I have the same problem in combination of using a HOTAS Warthog button for CENTER and using Logitech Anywhere MX mouse.

Problem occurs if I assign Joystick3 Button to CENTER, then right mouse button will center also. Drives me crazy.
It happens not if I use for example Joystick2 button. - but thats a bad choice :(
mrroper

Post by mrroper »

Hi Mike,

Just to let you know that I am having exactly the same problem, Using an X-52 with a RAT 3 mouse.

If I map center mouse button as pause then button C on the X-52 acts as center also.

All buttons on the mouse correspond to a button somewhere on the joystick and creating a new profile doesn`t help :(

Any ideas??
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Joystick and mouse button associations are something we are going to be looking at closely for an upcoming release of TrackIR.
Elwin

Post by Elwin »

Bump!
How's the progress? It is still not fixed.

I checked the profile XML files, this is snippet of 'Center' bound to Joystick4 and 'Pause' to Mouse3 buttons:

Code: Select all

<Hotkey>
    <Name>Center</Name>
    <ActionID>1</ActionID>
    <Key>123</Key>
    <Enable>1</Enable>
    <Toggle>1</Toggle>
    <Trap>1</Trap>
    <IsDevice>1</IsDevice>
    <DeviceGuid>{0A905C90-ACC6-11E0-8001-444553540000}</DeviceGuid>
    <ButtonID>3</ButtonID>
  </Hotkey>
  <Hotkey>
    <Name>Pause</Name>
    <ActionID>2</ActionID>
    <Key>120</Key>
    <Enable>1</Enable>
    <Toggle>1</Toggle>
    <Trap>1</Trap>
    <IsDevice>1</IsDevice>
    <DeviceGuid>{6F1D2B60-D5A0-11CF-BFC7-444553540000}</DeviceGuid>
    <ButtonID>2</ButtonID>
  </Hotkey>
I guess ButtonID is number of the button (zero-based) and DeviceGuid is ID of the device (one for joystick and one for mouse). This appears to be correct. Although no idea where those GUIDs are coming from, I couldn't find any of them in properties of hardware profiles.

This doesn't appear to be caused by a game or any 3rd party software. Currently, only TrackIR software is running on my PC and the issue can easily be reproduced there. For some reason, device ID is ignored by TrackIR and only button number is what matters.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

This issue has re-manifested itself now while using the HOTAS Warthog. I have button 4 on the Joystick for centering and button 4 of the throttle does the same. Both work and the throttle actually has assignments set and these work too. I don't seem to remember having this issue until the latest 5.2.2 software update was done. Please assist as this is rather cumbersome when flying and you need to use the button command from the throttle only to throw the view into a state of confusion..

Pivot
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Pivot,

The way that I have combated this issue is to assign a button combination in TrackIR for the hotkey and then assigned that combination to the button I chose on my joystick. In the TrackIR software I have "Center" mapped to SHIFT+F12 to center, and then I mapped the center button on my joystick to use the key combination SHIFT+F12. It has solved the problem for me.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Thank you Mike will give this a shot. Only trouble here though is I will need to create this button code in all of my sims since i use the same DX button for re-center in each one.

Pivot
TheShineNSB

Post by TheShineNSB »

Does anybody know a proper fix (not workaround) for this issue? Kind of a downer to see this thread has been around since 2011 and the issue is still present.