TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

selder

Re: TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Post by selder »

This is truly a problem...I had good luck with Trackir 5 using a CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, and CH MFP...the CH Control Manager seems to have kept Trackir from getting confused. I went to a MS Sidewinder FFB Pro joystick and Trackir can no longer keep it straight...I have always used Button 3 on my Pro Throttle as CENTER. Now button 3 on the MS joystick OR the CH Multi Function Panel triggers CENTER, making Trackir pretty useless. A MAJOR problem. I MIGHT be able to go through the serious PITA of setting up a new CH map, but it is really lame that Trackir does not recognize Button 3 on one input device from Button 3 on another. Very disappointed.
selder

Post by selder »

I have since resolved this with CH Control Manager. If not for CH I am not sure what I would have done. I am still disappointed that TrackIR is so easily confused...I will not fly, or drive in iRacing, for that matter, without TrackIR, which is surely one of the greatest products ever.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

selder,

I understand how you feel. We are working on a solution for this and I hope that it will be resolved soon. Keep an eye out for updates on the software. I don't have a timeline, but this issue is very high on my list of needed improvements.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager