Track IR5 abnormal behaviour

ontheair

Track IR5 abnormal behaviour

Post by ontheair »

Track IR5 application is set to run on my system start-up
G+Y+B status lights all ON and steady
Device+Profile+Title (FSX) all set and normal
track IR device : 2 yellow lights are On

It happens from time to time (not everytime) that my head movements are tracked in Track IR 5.1 application but they are not in any view of FSX : the view is steady and does not move at all when moving my head ???

What can I do to re-activate Track IR while FSX is already running instead of shutting down FSX then Track IR and then starting up again the whole sequence ?

PS there is no way to exit Track IR (except via the task manager) when FSX is running. Seems to be an issue that needs to be fixed

Best regards
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Track IR5 abnormal behaviour

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I would recommend checing your firewall and making sure that it is not blocking TrackIR to FSX communication. A simple test for this would be to disconnect from the internet, then disable your firewall and antivirus, then try running the game. If it works properly, you will have to put exceptions in so that your firewalls allow communication between TrackIR and FSX. FSX and Prepar3d are the only programs that work this way.
ontheair

Post by ontheair »

"I would recommend checing your firewall and making sure that it is not blocking TrackIR to FSX communication"

Thanks Mike. Just added TrackIR5 as an authorized application to my firewall list (currently using the firewall provided with W7-64)

But I guess if my firewall was blocking TrackIR to FSX communication, the issue I'm talking about would be permanent but not random as I told you
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Is it still occuring randomly?

Are there any other programs that can effect network traffic that run? IE anti-virus or a high network usage program?