TrackIR 5 "No Device Detected"

Endamur

TrackIR 5 "No Device Detected"

Post by Endamur »

I just installed an TrackIR5 into my Windows 7 enabled i7 desktop. I installed the latest drivers from the website (v5.1.3) (right clicked on the setup application icon and ran as administrator)... then plugged in the device(s) and the TrackIR software application is saying No Device detected.

The NaturalPoint TrackIR5 device is showing up in the Device manager. I have checked the hardware by installing it on my Windows XP laptop and it works fine.

I have tried reinstalling the driver from the devices panel. I have tried the older version of the driver but no luck. This looks to be a Windows 7 compatibility issue (permissions perhaps)... any suggestions??
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5 "No Device Detected"

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Let's try some installation troubleshooting:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
Endamur

Post by Endamur »

It appears to be a compatibility clash with one of the many Saitek Flight sim modules connected to the computer. It is now working intermittently (without reinstalling the driver). I will keep trying to narrow down the culprit and let you know.

Thanks for your help so far
MikkoMuhis

Post by MikkoMuhis »

I had similiar issue to this. I have trackir 4 pro and I installed latest trackir 5 software.
When running the installer it said that Trackir 5 will optionally use natural point usb drivers or such. Well, ofcourse I thought "Well, its optional, I guess I wont need them as I'm using usb drivers which downloaded from motherboard manufacturer page".
I thought wrong, device not found in trackir 5 software, and windows device manager told me it's "Unknown device". After rerun the Trackir 5 software installer, I choose to install "optional usb drivers" and then my trackir 4 pro started to work.
Thanks for topic, I wish some new users will read this when having the same issue.