unplugging Track IR5

ontheair

unplugging Track IR5

Post by ontheair »

Have you ever tried to unplug and re-plug Track IR5 when, for some unknown reasons, it does not respond any longer while FSX is running ?

Just tried it and Track IR5 that was inop (both device yellow light were OFF and tracking mode was inop) is back to work !! Only 2/3 status lights are ON (G+Y) the blue one is OFF which means I can only see the left Y light on the track IR5 device

I suggest you may try to implement a Track IR5 feature that would simulate the unplug/replug action.

Thanks for considering
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: unplugging Track IR5

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, this is because the games themselves often only do device discovery when you're starting them. If the device becomes unplugged and then plugs back in while the game is running, the game doesn't know that it should look for the trackir again.
ontheair

Post by ontheair »

"this is because the games themselves often only do device discovery when you're starting them"

"....often only do..." not that clear for me ?? would you please try to reformulate ?

Anyway the unplug/plug-back action makes the sleeping Track IR5 device working, partially working but working !!

Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What usually happens is this:

Game starts
Game looks for TrackIR, sets up connection if it's there
Main menu
Gameplay
End of program.

If TrackIR connection is lost after step 2, the game doesn't know that it should be looking for the device. Because the game is responsible for establishing the connection, there's nothing we can do about this. The best thing I can recommend is to make sure the camera never goes offline. There are a few passive power management features in Windows that can interrupt communication to the USB device including sleep, standby, and power management settings for the device itself that can break the connection to the game if they trigger.