TrackIR 5 and Take on Helicopters

pilotguy

TrackIR 5 and Take on Helicopters

Post by pilotguy »

I'm having an issue with take on helicopters and my TrackIR 5 setup. The game recognizes TrackIR is there and is enabled, but does nothing by the way of head movement. I do notice that when TrackIR 5 is turned on, the menu options are constantly being scrolled through, as if I'm holding down a left or right key on my keyboard. I tried updating, removing, and reinstalling software to no avail.

At one point I accidentally installed TrackIR 4 software and SUCCESS! No constant menu scrolling and I got in game tracking! the only issue, the TrackIR 4 software isn't completely compatible with the TrackIR5, so I get random and jumpy head movements and discontinuity. So it really isn't success but at least I know in game tracking is possible... :/

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5 and Take on Helicopters

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

TrackIR 4 software should be fully compatible with the TrackIR 5. It seems to me that there's some other issue at play here, could you post some detailed system information for us? (hardware, OS, software versions, et. cetera)
pilotguy

Post by pilotguy »

Intel core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
12GB RAM
64bit Operating system
Windows 7 Home premium
Dual ATI Radeon 5770 CrossFire graphics cards

Just checked and IRTrack5 is still working splendidly well with FSX.
DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie »

Go into options, then to controllers, then click on TrackIR and select 'enable' from the bottom (seems to be turned off). This fixed it for me.

If you then go into options to randomly set a button and move your head about, it should register the TrackIR axis (which you can then delete).

EDIT: Sorry, can't believe my first post was a necro :|