Panel View TRIR 5

nagua

Panel View TRIR 5

Post by nagua »

Always great to read the forum it would seem that many are utilizing and having a ton of fun with TR. I have been trying to get comfortable with this thing for over a year and would appreciate some help. No glitches flys great my problem is panel view. I am 6' 4" tall have an adjustable chair and sit about 26" from a Samsung 22" monitor. Problem is that I cannot get a full panel without bending my neck forward and down very uncomfortable. Monitor is vertically adjustable about 1 1/2". Somebody at NP told me 1 time I would have to change the CFG in MS for each aircraft. Sorry at 76 yrs of age that's beyond my ability also don't believe I ever read that in an promo literature. Mine looks just like the promo clip except I see only top 3 rows of gauges unless I point my head to the bottom of the screen> Does anybody have an idea how to "tweak" so I can sit erect be comfortable and fly. Appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Panel View TRIR 5

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

A quick and dirty method to accomplish this would be to elevate yourself slightly higher than normal, Press F-12, then sit back down. This will cause your center to report as higher than normal, allowing you to artifically drop your center.
nagua

Post by nagua »

Thanks Mike:
Great idea. Works fine. I have been trying for 1 1/2 yrs to solve this problem.Now hopefully I can figure how to program F9 & 12 to my CH FS or TQ. Had 1 other question regarding the Track Clip Pro. Seem to remember there was 2 positions available for fat or skinny headsets I can't seem to find how switch from one to the other. Maybe there is only 1. I'll have to add some padding to the headset band. Appreciate your help.
NaturalPoint - Mike

The hinge is c-form. Just push it along that c-curve that you see in the hinge and snap it in place on the other side.
nagua

Post by nagua »

Thanks Mike:
Easier said than done. As fragile as that clip is think I just pad the headset. My luck I would break the "darn" thing. Solved my CH assignment problem. This thing is far more sophisticated than I ever expected.Appreciate it.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

While I understand your concern, the fragile joint was between the light arm and swing arm, and that was corrected back in may with an adjustment to our injection molding procedure.

To my knowledge, if you broke the c-form hinge, you'd be the first.