Automatic Profile Loading not working in DCS World

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
jjohnson241

Automatic Profile Loading not working in DCS World

Post by jjohnson241 »

I'm attempting to use automatic profile loading for the A-10C module of DCS World. The profile I created and saved for A-10C does not load when DCS World - A-10C is started. I have the Track IR 5 and am using the latest software.
I suspect the profile is not auto-loaded because the TIR software has not been updated to recognize the A-10C executable when it is called (loaded) from the DCS World GUI.
The A-10C is one of several "modules" now running under the DCS World GUI. The DCS P-51D, Flaming Cliffs 3 and KA-50 all now run under "World" and more titles will be added over the near future.
Can you confirm the problem I'm having with the auto-load of the A-10C profile is related to DCS World missing from the TIR titles and if it is, what are your plans to update the software to include the various modules of DCS World?
jolsonsalem

Re: Automatic Profile Loading not working in DCS World

Post by jolsonsalem »

The issue in determining which title is running is that the developer uses the same internal title ID for all their titles. We don't check the name of the executable running, just what their sim reports back to our software.

When you launch any of the modules the TrackIR should tell you what title it thinks it's communicating with. From there you can set the profile under the Titles tab, but this will load for any of the modules you run.
jjohnson241

Post by jjohnson241 »

Thanks for the reply.
I guess I'll go bark at Eagle Dynamics - DCS. Obviously they know what executable they launch from the "World" GUI.
Has NaturalPoint had any dialog with DCS on this subject?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=jjohnson241]Thanks for the reply.
I guess I'll go bark at Eagle Dynamics - DCS. Obviously they know what executable they launch from the "World" GUI.
Has NaturalPoint had any dialog with DCS on this subject?[/quote]
I recall a brief email thread early on in the DCS series about it. I honestly don't recall where things landed, and why they opted to use a single game ID for all DCS titles. There might very well be a technical reason for it, since the titles share a lot of common code.

The resolution would be for us to provide unique game IDs for them to use (which we're happy to do) and for them to drop those new IDs in their TrackIR code for each title, and release a patch for each to update it. If they'd like to do so, it's fine from our perspective.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Sven2157

Post by Sven2157 »

The 'Automatic' profile for any of the DCS products/modules is for Black Shark.

Personally, I think that DCS World should be the listed game title, as it doesn't matter if I run A-10 or P-51D, it always lists Black Shark as the loaded program.

It's kind of funny, because I don't own Black Shark, nor do I own Black Shark 2!

Hope that helps! ;-)
Regards,

Sven2157
ctguy1955

Post by ctguy1955 »

I just received my new Trackir5 with pro clip yesterday and will only use it for DCS
and am having a lot of problems with setting up the system.

I have the Trackir5 on top of my center monitor a little left of center so that it
will line up with the pro clip on my headphone set. I have tried to use the a10c
profile and nothing I try will allow me to turn my head more then 75 degrees
to the left or right. Software in the "about" area says Im only using 3 planes
or whatever they are called of the 5 available. Looking down or in and out
is not doing all that great either. The learning curve seems to be steep for
me. Ive read the manual and its not helping me at all.

I would really appreciate some help with setup.

Thanks, Mike
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello ctguy1955,

If you haven't already, I would like you to take a look at the profile exchange thread. There is a lot of good information on there for you, including profiles you can load and test out. If that doesn't help you enough I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. Then we can schedule a time for me to possibly remote in an help you tune the set up a little more in depth.

Profile Exchange Thread: https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=38620

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Vantskruv

Post by Vantskruv »

The profile still does not load when running DCS World.

I think you should open up a little, make an option to set which running instance this profile should load for. I don't know why you are locking down your application so much for user customization.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Vantskruv,

Which profile isn't loading with DCS world? Our software allows for extreme customization of each axis per profile. You can also assign a profile to auto load with each title. Furthermore you can set hotkeys for profiles and switch them on the fly without having to leave the game. Would you please clarify what you are looking for when you said "make an option to set which running instance this profile should load for" as well as clarify what is locked down about the software that you would like to see opened up?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Ghost556

Post by Ghost556 »

Hi all. I recently got DCS World P51D Steam Version. I have Track1r V4.1, and it does not work. It works in Cliffs of Dover (for several years...).

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thx