FSX Steam Edition not COmpatible w/ TIR5

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
172spGuru

FSX Steam Edition not COmpatible w/ TIR5

Post by 172spGuru »

Just downloaded FSX Steam Edition today only to find out TIR5 does not recognize the FSX profile on the Steam version. Can this be fixed locally, or will a new game support profile needed to be made by natural point?
MikeWitham

Re: FSX Steam Edition not COmpatible w/ TIR5

Post by MikeWitham »

172spGuru,

Sorry that I am answering this so late in the day. We were working on locating the problem, and fortunately Martin from Dovetail games posted this solution.

"please run the installer which can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

This will install a different version of SimConnect and TrackIR will then work correctly.

- Martin"

I have tested and verified that this solution works. Please let me know if this helps you out. If this solution does not work for you, please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can explore other options.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Raladic

Re: FSX Steam Edition not COmpatible w/ TIR5

Post by Raladic »

Hi,

I've installed the simconnect, but it's still not working, please help and advise on what to do.

EDIT: After some more reboots and such I realized that it had to do with the fact that I had 2 virtual cockpits and TrackIR is only responding on the first one (where at the time I just had a black screen loaded).

So the above fix still works - just make sure you have the cockpit 0 set with something to see your movement.