Profile Exchange Thread

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
Seth Steiling

Re: Profile Exchange Thread

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=FeralRabbit]Just wanted to say that after getting my TrackIR5 as a Christmas present I have spent the last 5 weeks trying to get a decent profile for both Rise Of Flight and ArmA2. Without much success (Bit of a noob with this high tech stuff).
I find this site yesterday and Voila! Seth's "FPS" and "Flight" profiles suit me just fine.

Many Thanks and Hi

Martin

P.S Great product don't know how I lived without one for so long.[/quote]
Hey, glad to hear the profiles are working for you. Have fun!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jboiLA

Post by jboiLA »

I have TrackIR 5 with the ballcap clip and I downloaded Seth's "Seth - Flight" profile for FSX use. When I first ran the profile I was able to look up to the overhead with no problems. I was able to view the overhead panel in FSX (all version of aircraft default and add-ons). A couple of weeks ago it simply won't go up beyond 30-40 degrees. I made no modifications whatsoever to the profile.

When I closed FSX down and only run TrackIR and still get the same results. When I look up in TrackIR it stops about 30-40 degrees up max. I am able to look down a full 90 degrees. My head is about 2ft from the camera.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
roads

Post by roads »

Here is a profile that works good with my Couch. Being in a more lying position than in a chair I cant move my chin lower than my chest and X Y Z have to be done with smaller movements. Its quite a fast profile, all is working within 15 on the scale but quite using those 15. One with deadzone and the same without. Please check the action keys pause is set to Q you have to change that or typing will be hard :D

FPS.xml
smooth.xml
morrtz

Post by morrtz »

Profile for Falcon BMS, Cliffs of Dover and DCS.
Attachments
CLOD.xml
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 1003 times
BMSnDCS.xml
(5.55 KiB) Downloaded 1059 times
aileron2992

Post by aileron2992 »

jboi,

That's very easy to fix, and probably has nothing to do with whatever profile you're using. also a great opportunity to drop my 2 cents on these forums which i mostly only read:

1. Fire up the TrackIR software, and check out the first person view(you should also be able to see a small "Camera" window with three green dots/infrared reflections from your clip).

2. Relax/sit still in front of the screen. Press F12.

3. Start tilting your head up/follow the y-axis straight up in first person view. Notice how the two green dots are slowly creeping up to the third dot on top. Ideally, the third dot on top should end up going between the two side dots. More importantly; here is your chance to remove your cap and put it back on differently(wear it more tilted up, or down). Once again; imagine staring at your lap, or looking straight up at the overhead panel in FSX. Tilt your head up and down a couple of times, and make sure the green dots don't turn red(reach their limit) too soon in either direction, going up, or down. If wearing your cap differently doesn't help, try tilting the TrackIR Camera on top of your monitor(aim the camera at your neutral position). Last but not least - verify that your clip is perfectly attached/aligned with your ballcap.

4. Fire up FSX.(virtual cockpit view)

5. Relax/sit still in front of the screen. Keep pressing F12 again and again, continuously, while relaxing your neck muscles/head and just staring at the horizon over the glareshield. Once yours eyes/neck muscles are happy with what they're seeing/feeling - stop pressing F12.

6. Now here's the trick: Right after you stop hitting F12(when you think you found your sweet spot), hold it right there!(don't move). Here is your chance to reach the TRUE sweet spot, and also solve your problem of not being able to reach the overhead panel. My advice: Right after you stop hitting F12 - hold your position, then slowly start tilting your head up as if scanning for traffic directly above the horizon in front of you. Once your head is tilted up about 10� real life(a little more in FSX/virtual, looking slightly up into the sky), hit F12. There you go! :grin:

FSX/TrackIR zeros while your head is slightly tilted up, the moment you relax your neck/tilt your head back down, you achieve a natural head tilt in the virtual world as well(with its respective field of view).

Immersion. If you wanna look straight ahead like a foot soldier, over the glareshield - use your neck muscles ;) i don't trackir any other way.

Your overhead panel should be fine/accessible if you played with the green dots/fixed your ballcap. If not; pressing F12 while slightly looking up or down, in any game, will surely fix the problem. Also - highly recommend you disable your deadzone for trackIR pitch in FSX at least, or just try my profile to see if you like it which i'm including here as this is a profile exchange thread(note: if anyone actually downloads these - F7 Precision Mode is a must with these as they are a little snappy 1:1 beasties...) Enjoy!!
Attachments
ARMA 2.xml
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 907 times
FSX_PMDG.xml
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 1745 times
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Great tips, aileron. Looking up slightly from your natural resting position while you recenter is a great tip. It can make all the difference in the world if you find that you're running into Pitch limitations.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Sebastian Gosch

Post by Sebastian Gosch »

Hey guys I can't download any of the profiles, as it says "The linked file doesn't exist anymore" any idea why that happens? :/
Birch

Post by Birch »

Sebastian Gosch wrote:Hey guys I can't download any of the profiles, as it says "The linked file doesn't exist anymore" any idea why that happens? :/
Should be working now. There was an issue related to our forum upgrade.
tkellogg

Post by tkellogg »

Seth. I too cannot download this file. When I right click it says open as a choice. When I left click it allows me to download but when I go to open it it gives me a blank screen. Maybe you can email to kkellogg@bellsouth.net. Thanks
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

tkellogg wrote:Seth. I too cannot download this file. When I right click it says open as a choice. When I left click it allows me to download but when I go to open it it gives me a blank screen. Maybe you can email to kkellogg@bellsouth.net. Thanks
This one slipped through the cracks somehow. Have you been able to download the profile yet, or would you like it to be emailed?

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack