Profile Exchange Thread

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
georgemikal

Re: Profile Exchange Thread

Post by georgemikal »

thanks for sharing here...
but why i have some problem to download attachment??
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

To install the profile, right click the link, and save it to Program Files/NaturalPoint/TrackIR5/Profiles.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
caaront

Re: I'll get the ball rolling...

Post by caaront »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]If you just left click on the download link, it will try to open the .xml file in your browser, which will give you that error. To install the profile, right click the link, and save it to Program Files/NaturalPoint/TrackIR5/Profiles. [/quote]

I figured it out and opened T-IR 5 ansd there it was, thanks.
Xentric

Post by Xentric »

In FSX I sit in the left seat (in racing games it's usually the left or sometimes the middle, depending on the car I drive), which means that to look through the right window I have to move my head further that when I look through the left window.

So I was wondering if someone, with the help of a screenshot, could show me how to move the points to make looking right quicker, with looking left/up/down remaining the same.

Thanks for any or all help.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Xentric]In FSX I sit in the left seat (in racing games it's usually the left or sometimes the middle, depending on the car I drive), which means that to look through the right window I have to move my head further that when I look through the left window.

So I was wondering if someone, with the help of a screenshot, could show me how to move the points to make looking right quicker, with looking left/up/down remaining the same.

Thanks for any or all help.[/quote]
If you would like to amplify the movement in-game when you look to the right, you would increase the Y value on the left side of the graph in your Yaw graph editor. In order to only adjust the left side of the graph, you need to uncheck the "Mirror" box.

Example:

Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
juliet_delta

Post by juliet_delta »

What is the connection between the Titles choice and Profiles? I read the manual but it is not clear how these are connected. I am using several titles on the list, but how do I save them to the profile list. What I have tried just returns a flat line in the profile.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

If you haven't already, be sure to read the Title Management section:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/sup ... ml#h-5.8.2

As that section outlines, when you create a profile (or use one of the profiles that ships with the software), you can assign it to a title in the Titles tab. Doing so will cause that Profile to be automatically loaded when the game it is tied to starts up. Simply find the game in the titles tab and use the drop-down menu next to it to bind the profile to the game.

In short, Profiles are collections of motion and camera settings that you can customize and save. Titles are the actual games and sims that have TrackIR support. Binding a Profile to a Title in the Titles tab will cause that Profile to be automatically loaded when the TrackIR software connects to the selected Title (game).
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
wpkm

Post by wpkm »

Any recommendations for a profile for FSX for people that are getting nauseous after each flight? I tried the Seth profile but still very sick after 30 minutes. I am about to abandon my TrackIR and stick with just EZDOK as I am getting tired of becoming sick.

thanks,
Keith
riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 »

Hi to all, very good topic, it was what I'm lookinf for.....

I see this video for the next release of 737NGX by PMDG:

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/nicks-73 ... pressions/

1) someone knows how to obtain this setting for Track IR 5, have you got a profile working like in this video? I mostly fly heavies like this or bigger.

2) this thread collects all the users's profiles or is there a link in Natural Point site where download from?

many thanks,
Riccardo
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Riccardo,

You're correct, this thread aggregates all of the downloadable profiles we have available. Profiles for the older versions 3 and 4 software are zipped and available for download in the first post. Some other profiles, specific to version 5, are linked in subsequent posts.

Regarding the video, the default TrackIR profile should give you good results in FSX. My own flight profile, which is a little bit different, is listed in the second post of this thread. You might try it and see how it works for you.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack